• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    Civivi Elementum C907A review

Edged Tools asked me if I would like to check out a new to me brand, Civivi. I had not heard of them but after looking at some of his pictures they looked well made for the price. I’m never one to say no to checking out a new knife so he sent me one. It’s a satin finished D2 blade with black G10 handle. Beautiful little knife with great flowing curves.
    1690210412686.png

1690210368547.png

I’ve had the knife now a few months and have put it to work in everyday tasks. For me that includes cutting and stripping lots of wire and cable in grease covered machines at work, and at home opening box’s, pallet wrap, bags of concrete. All that fun DIY backyard home stuff.

1690210466250.png

1690210556059.png

1690210646777.png

1690210724925.png

While this Civivi is on the small size for what I usually carry, Medford Pratorian or Marauder, I’ve yet to find anything it couldn’t do cutting wise. It is very effective at that with the hollow ground blade that is thin behind the edge making it a great slicer. I’ve sliced slim Jim’s, bananas, cheese and have yet to have anything be a problem. The D2 has shown no signs of patina after all of this, most times all it gets is a quick swipe across the jeans and back in my pocket. The only place it needs the edge touched up is at the tip. The first three quarters of an inch is rolled ever so slightly, most likely from cutting shrink wrap from a pallet of concrete block.

1690210774034.png

As of now, I’m going to keep rolling with it how it is, see how far I can take this D2 before I sharpen it. It peels cable just fine still, and the bananas are still slices, apples peels are still one continuous piece, so,,,,

Thanks for taking the time to read, let me know what you think of Civivi if you have one. Please give our site supporter and friend Edged Tools a shout for your banana slicing needs.

DaKruiser

Top Bottom