• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    The article said the burial plot lease was about to be up for renewal . So there is many sides to the story. To be honest the guys been dead since 87 who cares.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I saw this on Supernatural. They do this sort of thing for bad ghosts, vengeful spirits, that sort of thing. So I assume the guy had been out creeping around at night. Not much choice at that point.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Who cares. Looks like the family concurred with the decision. Who are we to question?

Hess was considered to be the red headed stepchild of the Hitler regime and basically ended up being an obscure part of the Hitler history.

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Seems strange, the guy lives to 93, then hangs himself? I wonder what was going on in his mind. Weirdo Nazis will find a reason and place to meet anyway.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    The guy defects and is rewarded with life in prison. Lots of unanswered (at least for me) questions here, but at this point only footnotes to history.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    Like many dead leaders, his cause still goes to this day. Nazism is still alive. If the bones were dug up and destroyed, That means no place for a shrine. That was the best thing that happened to Hitler and to Bin Laden.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    The guy defects and is rewarded with life in prison. Lots of unanswered (at least for me) questions here, but at this point only footnotes to history.

The supposed purpose of his flying to England was to negotiate a peace and an alliance against the Soviets. Stalin was deeply suspicious and the Soviets hated Hess with a passion and blocked his release from Spandau for decades. Also, under the 4-power agreement the Soviets got 3 months of the year guard duty rotations at Spandau inside the Federal Republic. The rumor sprang up after Hess' death that the Western powers killed him in order to finally close Spandau.

Top Bottom