• ...and so much more!
  • A. Ramon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    NE Indiana
    Hey all,

I got a couple of items need to get re-chromed and chromed. 2 exhaust tips (abt 2.5" round) to re-chrome and 1-1"x8"x.25" bar.

Can anyone recommend a chrome plating shop in or near Fort Wayne, IN? I have considering trying

Reckon Plating

Anyone heard or bad about that place? Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Alex

backfire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 6, 2011

I got a couple of items need to get re-chromed and chromed. 2 exhaust tips (abt 2.5" round) to re-chrome and 1-1"x8"x.25" bar.

Can anyone recommend a chrome plating shop in or near Fort Wayne, IN? I have considering trying

Reckon Plating

Anyone heard or bad about that place? Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Alex
    I've used them for a few vintage engine restoration parts in the past and they do pretty decent. Don't be fooled by the "high tech" appearance they present themselves on their website though....

That place is a MAJOR dump and it's located on the end of Hanna St. where you'd better only go there during the day and you'd better be carrying when you do...if you know what I mean.

Frankly, I can't believe they even get away with having that sloppy business with it's toxic chroming chemicals so close to residential neighborhoods like it is. Must be grandfathered in or something...

They do decent work, in decent time, but don't expect much when you get there and their prices are a tick on the high side- however, they are the only game in town.

Good luck. ;)

A. Ramon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    NE Indiana
    I've used them for a few vintage engine restoration parts in the past and they do pretty decent. Don't be fooled by the "high tech" appearance they present themselves on their website though....

That place is a MAJOR dump and it's located on the end of Hanna St. where you'd better only go there during the day and you'd better be carrying when you do...if you know what I mean.

Frankly, I can't believe they even get away with having that sloppy business with it's toxic chroming chemicals so close to residential neighborhoods like it is. Must be grandfathered in or something...

They do decent work, in decent time, but don't expect much when you get there and their prices are a tick on the high side- however, they are the only game in town.

Good luck. ;)

I got just the 3 pieces. I am hoping to get out for under $125 for all 3. Or do you think that is wishfully thinking? I can get new tips, but they are $99 for a pair. The light bar is a one off/fab job so can't find another bar for under $239.

Thought about calling this place also.

Chrome Company Fort Wayne, IN - HGC Custom Chrome

Keep the suggestions coming,

A. Ramon

Chesh97

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 28, 2011
    NE Indiana
    I got just the 3 pieces. I am hoping to get out for under $125 for all 3. Or do you think that is wishfully thinking? I can get new tips, but they are $99 for a pair. The light bar is a one off/fab job so can't find another bar for under $239.

A. Ramon

Hmm.. Wonder what they would charge to redo a bumper...

backfire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 6, 2011

A. Ramon
    I'd guess you can get that all done for that amount or less. Give them a shout to see what they say.

Never heard of the other place you list, but might have to check them out next time I need something done. :)

Sarge470

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Check with #410's brother over at the Fire Dept...he owns a shop up in the Detroit area & might be able to take care of you, or at least point you in the right direction. Offered to chrome the wheels on my Fury, but I couldn't part with them at the time. If ya need more 83, msg me on Mobile...jdrifa

A. Ramon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    NE Indiana
    I got the part over to Reckon today. Got an LEO discount so for all 3 parts to get done. Advised that they would be done next Friday. I'll post pre/post pics once I get them back. Thanks for all the recommendations.

Chesh97

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 28, 2011
    NE Indiana
    I got the part over to Reckon today. Got an LEO discount so for all 3 parts to get done. Advised that they would be done next Friday. I'll post pre/post pics once I get them back. Thanks for all the recommendations.

LE discount :D

Gonna have to be talkin to those guys to see about my bumper and front lower grill.

A. Ramon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    NE Indiana
    Chrome

I wanted to post before and after pics of the Chrome work I got done. Reckon Plating in Fort Wayne, IN, did the work. 10 day turn around time. :rockwoot:

picture.php

picture.php

I am happy with the work they did. I can't wait to get everything mounted back on the motorcycle.

Chesh97

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 28, 2011
    NE Indiana
    I wanted to post before and after pics of the Chrome work I got done. Reckon Plating in Fort Wayne, IN, did the work. 10 day turn around time. :rockwoot:

picture.php

picture.php

I am happy with the work they did. I can't wait to get everything mounted back on the motorcycle.

What did they charge you for that? I have a small piece I'm looking at doing.

Top Bottom