• ...and so much more!
  • oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    I'm going to be a pedant here and go by the old definitions. A Christmas  Carol is a joyful song about the birth of Jesus, a subset of all Christmas Songs.

I like most of them all, and start listening to the All Christmas formats in November, but wish that commercial and satellite stations would include more of a mix, say 33% Carols instead of the approximate 10% they do now.

If we're doing favorites, I have an "O Holy Night" playlist. Also, I could (and sometimes do) listen to this version on a loop:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I'm going to be a pedant here and go by the old definitions. A Christmas  Carol is a joyful song about the birth of Jesus, a subset of all Christmas Songs.

I like most of them all, and start listening to the All Christmas formats in November, but wish that commercial and satellite stations would include more of a mix, say 33% Carols instead of the approximate 10% they do now.
    I never really knew there was an official difference in Christmas songs until I went to a more liturgical minded church. I kept wondering why we weren’t singing my favorite carols during the advent season…

Reactions: oze

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Love me some Pentatonix.

Not really a Christmas Carol, but fun anyway. This one was after they changed bass singers in about 2017. It was filmed during covid lockdown, so they each recorded their parts separately.

Again, not a Christmas song per se, but my absolute favorite song of theirs.

Complete playlist of all Pentatonix Christmas/religious songs.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom