• ...and so much more!
  • Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    I have ten or so Chinese made stripper clips made for the Mosin Nagant that I've had for awhile and none will line up with the rifle to feed ammo into the magazine. All will hold cartridges however.

I wanted to ask if this is an issue that can be fixed by trying to bend the clips outward or if they're pretty much toast?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Give it a try on one. It already doesnt work, right? So what's the harm in trying to see if you can improve the function?

What are you going to do? Make it not line up? Too late! :):

Send it! The only thing you can do is improve it's function. The only way to go is up.

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Give it a try on one. It already doesnt work, right? So what's the harm in trying to see if you can improve the function?

What are you going to do? Make it not line up? Too late! :):

Send it! The only thing you can do is improve it's function. The only way to go is up.
    Pretty much man. I dunno why they are acting funny as I've had Chinese clips in the past that worked fine. I do have some Russian strippers though if the Chinese refuse to work :D

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I do like their sks rifles if you can find them for a decent price. The pre ban era type 56 style ak's are nice too.
    I have a Norinco type 56 SKS that I won at an FNRA banquet decades ago.
    I gave $100 for a pack of "bucket game" tickets.
    I dropped my tickets in the appropriate buckets and mostly forgot about it until the drawings began.
    My name was called for the SKS and I was thrilled beyond belief. I had zero expectations of winning a firearm.
    I returned to my table after giving my information for the SKS and had barely gotten seated when they called my name again!

This time it was for a brand new in the box, Mossberg 500 12ga combo with a bird barrel and a rifled slug barrel!
    I got a brand new Mossberg AND a beautiful Norinco SKS for $100!

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I dropped my tickets in the appropriate buckets and mostly forgot about it until the drawings began.
    My name was called for the SKS and I was thrilled beyond belief. I had zero expectations of winning a firearm.
    I returned to my table after giving my information for the SKS and had barely gotten seated when they called my name again!

This time it was for a brand new in the box, Mossberg 500 12ga combo with a bird barrel and a rifled slug barrel!
    Btw- this was my very first time attending a FNRA banquet...and I was hooked.

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie

That's amazing, I would love to win a gun as a prize but winning two though is really cool.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    I have ten or so Chinese made stripper clips made for the Mosin Nagant that I've had for awhile and none will line up with the rifle to feed ammo into the magazine. All will hold cartridges however.

I wanted to ask if this is an issue that can be fixed by trying to bend the clips outward or if they're pretty much toast?

Hello,

Got busy and missed this question.

Give this a try:

Dingleberry

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 12, 2021
    Indiana
    With Mosin strippers it sometimes helps to stagger the cartridge rims as you place them in the clip. Kinda like an Enfield clip.

With SKS strippers that were tough to push through I'd take a spent cartridge and CLP the clip and run the spent cartridge back and forth till it smoothed out.

Last edited:

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    With Mosin strippers it sometimes helps to stagger the cartridge rims as you place them in the clip. Kinda like an Enfield clip.

With SKS strippers that were tough to push through I'd take a spent cartridge and CLP the clip and run the spent cartridge back and forth till it smoothed out.

Mosin clips have their rims arranged 1, 3, 5 on the bottom; rounds 2 & 4 have their rims on top of the others.

Top Bottom