• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tommy2Tone

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    This was on fox 59 this morning. Zack Myers did the reporting and said the child was shot with an "assault" rifle, most likely a ak47. Now maybe it was a fully automatic ak, but most likely not. I was going to email Zach Myers about this, anyone else in? This type of uneducated reporting is not what we need.

One of the men started shooting an assault rifle.

Child shot

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    theres a million definitions of "assault rifle". hes not necessarily erroneous. hes just choosing the definition that makes for the best story.

Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    Tragic situation. Unfortunately, we are about to purchase 600 thousand dollars worth of cameras and gun shot audio technology that will actually prevent LE from handling these types of situations appropriately when they catch these dirtballs. Please God, when they catch this person please let him resist arrest.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    This was on fox 59 this morning. Zack Myers did the reporting and said the child was shot with an "assault" rifle, most likely a ak47. Now maybe it was a fully automatic ak, but most likely not. I was going to email Zach Myers about this, anyone else in? This type of uneducated reporting is not what we need.

Child shot

Came from the mouth of IMPD, live at the scene last night. Numerous times he mentioned assault rifle. Did not come from a patrol officer came from their PR Spokesperson who should know better

El Cazador

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    NW Hendricks CO
    IMPD, and probably most other LE organizations, would like us to be limited to .22 single action revolvers and single shot shotguns, and maybe bolt action rifles, to get around being cast as anti-2nd Amendment. Unfortunately, we'll always have idiots with us, and they'll hurt innocents no matter what tool is no longer available to do that with.

Update: WIBC just reported there has been an arrest made in this. A 20 yr old was shooting at a car which held someone he had an altercation with earlier in the night. I stick by my "idiot" descriptor...

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Tragic situation. Unfortunately, we are about to purchase 600 thousand dollars worth of cameras and gun shot audio technology that will actually prevent LE from handling these types of situations appropriately when they catch these dirtballs. Please God, when they catch this person please let him resist arrest.

Unfortunately, he was taken alive. Crazy-a**ed 20 year old angry at something. We used to lock up or euthanize mad dogs, now we let them run free and give them housing and food so they can spend all their time victimizing society.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Came from the mouth of IMPD, live at the scene last night. Numerous times he mentioned assault rifle. Did not come from a patrol officer came from their PR Spokesperson who should know better

I think IMPD specifically mentioned AK47. Must be more to the story but I've been gone from INDY for several years and do not know the current make up of the neighborhood. It was becoming heavily Hispanic. It'll be interesting to see if this particular shooter was involved in the gang activity via the drug trade.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Ok, I caught this story last night on Wish TV. I've been avoiding the politics sections and the news for the last few days. I just could stand being pissed off and sad everyday over our whole situation. But last night I go out for a smoke and I heard this story.

Apparently he was shot with an "Assault STYLE Weapon."

Assault Style Weapon.

I suppose I can agree with this terminology. STYLE.... It's a rifle that looks like it's assault weapon counterpart and he was running at the man and boy before opening fire. We was assaulting them, with an assault STYLE weapon. So in all reality, this would be correct.

MY Problem lies in the fact that they always focus more on the gun doing the crime than the BG who USED the gun. The only thing my SKS ever assaulted was a creek, some paper, and it helped chop down a tree. We assaulted that tree full force! :laugh:

So what do we do to stop this errorness reporting? How do we them to stop demonizing something they know very little to nothing about?

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    theres a million definitions of "assault rifle". hes not necessarily erroneous. hes just choosing the definition that makes for the best story.

There are millions of definitions for "assault weapon". "Assault rifle" is a pretty well defined term, consisting of select or auto fire capability.

Griffeycom

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Today on WTHR @ noon the PR IMPD guy mentioned that it was an "assault" rifle with "caliber 7.62" did not mention anything else.

My Mosin is now an "assault rifle" according to him

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Man Arrested After 7-Year-Old Boy Shot

Man Arrested After 7-Year-Old Boy Shot

Police: Shooting Apparently In Retaliation

POSTED: 8:33 am EDT March 10, 2009
    UPDATED: 12:24 pm EDT March 10, 2009

18895940_240X180.jpg

INDIANAPOLIS -- A man was arrested Tuesday, hours after a 7-year-old boy was shot in both legs on Indianapolis' southwest side.
    Thomas Owens, 20, was found hiding in a home in the 1000 block of South Pershing Street less than an hour after the shooting, which happened just after 10 p.m. Monday. Owens was arrested after several hours of questioning.
    The shooting happened at about 10:15 p.m. in the 2400 block of Wilkins Street. Officers said the bullet went through the child's left leg and into his right leg.
    The boy was taken to Riley Hospital for Children in serious condition. Police said the boy was standing next to his uncle's truck when shots rang out from an assault rifle. Two adults who were standing with the boy were not injured.
    "It sounded like a machine gun. It sounded like if someone took a bat to a piece of metal and just pounds," said witness Stephanie Robinson. "Scared me -- I knew it was a gun."
    Police said Owens admitted shooting at the truck, but said he didn't see the child. Owens told officers that the shooting was in response to an "earlier incident" involving the vehicle and its occupants at a convenience store. Officers didn't release further information about that incident.
    Owens was arrested on charges of aggravated battery and two counts of criminal recklessness with a deadly weapon.

Previous Stories:

Agent 007

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    I think the weapon needs to be destroyed. Weapons like this have no place in our society. If we allow weapons like this to remain on the streets, we will continue to see innocent lives taken.

By the way, here's a picture of the weapon:

ThomasOwensdirtbag.jpg

Apparently, he used some type of rifle.

:cool:

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    I think the weapon needs to be destroyed. Weapons like this have no place in our society. If we allow weapons like this to remain on the streets, we will continue to see innocent lives taken.

By the way, here's a picture of the weapon:

Apparently, he used some type of rifle.

:cool:

I was thinking more along the lines of just the nut on the stock needs to be destroyed. It's not good for anything.

agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    Ok, I caught this story last night on Wish TV. I've been avoiding the politics sections and the news for the last few days. I just could stand being pissed off and sad everyday over our whole situation. But last night I go out for a smoke and I heard this story.

Apparently he was shot with an "Assault STYLE Weapon."

Assault Style Weapon.

I suppose I can agree with this terminology. STYLE.... It's a rifle that looks like it's assault weapon counterpart and he was running at the man and boy before opening fire. We was assaulting them, with an assault STYLE weapon. So in all reality, this would be correct.

MY Problem lies in the fact that they always focus more on the gun doing the crime than the BG who USED the gun. The only thing my SKS ever assaulted was a creek, some paper, and it helped chop down a tree. We assaulted that tree full force! :laugh:

So what do we do to stop this errorness reporting? How do we them to stop demonizing something they know very little to nothing about?

Or perhaps a "faux assault rifle" as in false assault rifle aka not a real assault rifle. Better yet, how about calling it a semi-automatic rifle? Hmm... no I really think that would be too difficult :rolleyes:

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    WTHR, Indy channel 13 just did the story. The "reporter" called it a "high...powered...rifle" hesitating between words and really emphisising them. Anyway, of course they had to flash a photo of the dreaded AKM which looked suspiciously like a WASR-10. Police still have yet to admit to finding the rifle used by the jerk.

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    My wife worked on the kid all last night at Riley, going to be OK, she was commenting on the amount of damage done as the bullet hit bone in the first leg and proceeded to the second leg. He's very lucky to be alive!

agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    My wife worked on the kid all last night at Riley, going to be OK, she was commenting on the amount of damage done as the bullet hit bone in the first leg and proceeded to the second leg. He's very lucky to be alive!

Good thing hes going to be ok; good on your wife :yesway: When high velocity projectiles strike bone they turn bone into shrapnel. They should shoot that skum in the legs with a 7.62X39 :twocents:

Top Bottom