• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    I got one of these last July. The first several times I took it to the range, I couldn't hit the green side of a blue barn with it at 100 yards. Also I had problems with it jamming (spent cartridge and next round going into chamber getting caught). When it ejected the empty case, they went everywhere, left, right, straight up in the air.

A couple of months ago I saw a pic of one in an internet ad and there was a scope mounted on it. My 'gun guy' and I got to looking and we found the top of the receiver was dovetailed. We found a set of scope rings and I took a scope off another rifle and mounted it on this one. To mount the scope and rings, one must remove the rear sight. To protect the scope tube, I wrapped it with black electrician's tape.

Now, it will shoot the center out of a target at 25 yards, and I am consistently landing shots at 100 yards. I was at the point where I was going to put it up for sale or use it as a trade in on something else, but putting a scope on it showed me it will shoot like it's supposed to. Looking back now, I always felt the rear sight was a little squirrely.

It does look and feel like an original M-1 Carbine, and it's supposed to be the same size and about the same weight. I'm gonna hang on to mine now.

Good luck!

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I have been, casually, looking for a Marlin Camp 9 for a while, but this has my interest. It's a 9mm carbine that doesn't look like a black plastic toy that was tossed out of the ugly tree, hitting every branch on the way down (Hi-Point and Kel-Tec, I'm looking at you).

I think I'd still like the Marlin, but they're not making them any more and people are starting to value them a little too dearly for my taste.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Now if only it wasn't made by chiappa

Exactly!!! I'll never buy or recommend a Chiappa to anyone I know. Watch this video with my rifle I lent to Wetsu and you'll understand why.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MJfIZWzHp4

I wanted to love the little badger, but mine will get someone hurt. I have a friend who has the same rifle, same issue. Both rifles set in the back of the safes.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I don't know about these things.
    I worry about the infamously bad chiappa QC. I have heard more then one tale of the rear sight being loose.
    At least with these you can dump the crappy Chiappa mags for quality Beretta mags, I am betting they will help.

I just wouldn't trust my life to one of these

At $580, just is not worth it. The 9MM AR is getting into the $800 to $900 range now.

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    I'd like to see the M1 carbine in 5.7, shouldn't be rocket surgery to engineer. They were once made in .22 Johnson, which is a similar round.

Top Bottom