• ...and so much more!
  • Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I'm curious as to what a person would like to conceal that would require a chest rig. Listen, just buy a fanny pack and call it an "administrative pouch" like the rest of us! :hehe:
    When there's already a backpack waist belt at play - then a chest rig is how it is. I wish it didn't be like that, but it do.

Also, fanny packs are for nerds. Nerds, I say.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Also, I think depending on the physical activity (i.e. running, biking, etc.), some folks just find a chest pack to work better than a fanny pack.

To me, the term "chest rig" is something a little different and more "tactical" - with mag pouches, molle, etc.

This thread is more along the chest "pack" lines if I'm following correctly.

Backpacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Greenwood
    I'm curious as to what a person would like to conceal that would require a chest rig. Listen, just buy a fanny pack and call it an "administrative pouch" like the rest of us! :hehe:
    When I used the HPG chest pack, I carried either a Glock Model 40 MOS or a Ruger GP 100 with a 6" barrel. Both fit nicely and made for a smooth draw.

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Great write up @cosermann

Yeah, when it comes to straps, an extra foot isn’t going to cost that much when they buy it in 500 foot rolls lol. You can always cut off extra, but it’s a lot harder to add on!

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Great write up @cosermann

Yeah, when it comes to straps, an extra foot isn’t going to cost that much when they buy it in 500 foot rolls lol. You can always cut off extra, but it’s a lot harder to add on!

Thx. Had mods move write up to review subforum.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I use a fhf gear chest rig for all my outdoorsy stuff. Ill check to see if it holds my 17, I usually have a 43 shoved in it. Even in bear country I carry the 43 in it with the bear spray holster attached to the bottom. I think they're $110 or $120.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Picked up one of these to a few months ago try out the chest pack concept. Much less expensive, and probably 80-90% the bag the HPG bags are. Tunnel in the back allows it to be used as a fanny pack also if you decide the chest pack idea isn't for you.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I can't speak to anything other than the hill people runners kit bag, but I can say I'm very happy with it. https://hillpeoplegear.com/Products/CategoryID/1/ProductID/2

I bought it for carrying while backpacking. My backpacks have hip belts, around the waist so that's an issue for IWB or OWB carry. Mostly I pocket carry every day anyway, but for backpacking I prefer not to have the weight in one pocket. What really drew me to the runners kit bag was that it didn't look tactical with molle all over it. It looks like something some little hipster would have and it's pretty minimal. For it's size though, it's holds a G17 with ease and most recently a S&W 4.6" M&P 10mm. The loop on the bottom inside the main compartment holds a trigger guard securely that I can rip the main compartment open and the pistol is still securely until I draw it out with enough force where the trigger guard pulls off on the draw.

I get there's other competitors out there and I believe helikon tex is making one now too, but I'm completely happy with the one I got. Hopefully that helps.

Top Bottom