Cheaper than Dirt responds to Obama announcement...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ripper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    Earth
    they must have watched a totally different Presidential Address than I did. Cause I think they be going the wrong way with the price.

jb1911

Expert
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Dyer, IN
    I just got an email from dirtbags telling me that they have magazines in stock. I clicked on the link for the Colt 20 round magazine for ar 15s and they want $129 for ONE. I sent them this email:

I was just looking at some magazines on your website because of an email that I received. $129 for a Colt ar15 magazine is an obscenity. Profiteering off of a tragedy is as bad as our leaders trying to take away our rights because of a tragedy.

Please take me off your email list, you will never get another cent of my money.

jkwparrott

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Corydon, IN
    I deleted my CTD bookmark last month and removed myself from their e-mail list at the same time. They will never get a dime from me again.

BigWagon

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Greentown
    I just got an email from dirtbags telling me that they have magazines in stock. I clicked on the link for the Colt 20 round magazine for ar 15s and they want $129 for ONE. I sent them this email:

I was just looking at some magazines on your website because of an email that I received. $129 for a Colt ar15 magazine is an obscenity. Profiteering off of a tragedy is as bad as our leaders trying to take away our rights because of a tragedy.

Please take me off your email list, you will never get another cent of my money.

Great response. I thought the same thing when I opened the email and checked out a couple prices.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    Cheaper Than Dirt just had a name change.. It's now Lower Than Dirt.

Just like the Obumma I also have my BAN list, and Lower Than Dirt is on it.. With a few other on-line retail out lets...

Rhino12

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    The problem is that their name is inherently vague...

They said cheaper than dirt without defining the amount of dirt. By my rough estimates, that magazine is approximately 53.6 TONS of fill dirt (approximately $13.04 per ton). Maybe their dirt has uranium or other precious/rare earth metals embedded and they value it higher?

All that said...emotions + politics + high demand + low supply = CRAZY high market costs... All the more reason to relax, save your money and buy this stuff off people whenever the prices drop back down.

Movealongmovealong

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Bloomington
    You don't have to buy from them, either.

I got a sweet deal on a shotty from them a few months ago. Can't say I've had them bait and switch, so I got what I paid for, and it was the lowest price I could find.

Pitmaster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    South Bend, IN
    What did they do in December??? What's the story, I was busy!!!
    Seriously.. P.m. Me if you have to

Stopped selling ARs at least and maybe firearms in response to Newton. Then after taking some heat for a week or so came back saying business was so good they had to revamp ordering and service for their customers. Typical marketing/publicity double speak. They just wanted to upgrade their prices 200%.

I have rarely bought from them and never really found their prices to be competitive. I know I won't be buying from them in the future. I will support Larry "Thanks for your business" Potterfield, Dillon, amongst others..

Top Bottom