• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    I am reasonably certain that drones are not legal for deer hunting. However, I've been having a great time with my cellular capable trail cam. It transmits the pics to my iPhone and iPad in real time. They tell me when the deer are present. Wondering if the use of these are legal during deer season ?

duanewade

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2019
    Columbia City
    You can use a drone up to 2 weeks prior deer season. Game cameras are legal all through deer season with no restrictions. Hunting over bait is illegal but watching deer over bait is not.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Farmerjon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    NorthWest Indiana
    I would think a drone with infrared or whatever shows blood, would be a great/efficient way to track a deer. Of course, like all things it would soon be used for wrong.

El Conquistador

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Jan 28, 2019
    far from here
    There is a guy that has a you tube channel from I think Ohio that uses a drone with a thermal camera to recover shot deer. I have seen a couple of these videos and he usually will find the dead or wounded deer within a few minutes. Its a slick operation but it looks to be a very expensive piece of equipment

duanewade

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2019
    Columbia City
    So, during deer season I cannot fly my drone for fun?
    I've flown my drone many a time during deer season but keep it away from the woods and the prairie grass. I use it for checking the driveway down by a bridge for fresh truck tracks and I watch my nephew and his family sometimes when they are out playing on the quads.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom