• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bushcf

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    Terre Haute
    What about the reciprocity agreement between Indiana and Florida?

Are you saying you have to re-do it because you are no longer a resident of Indiana? I do not know for certain, but I would think that a lifetime Indiana resident permit would still be valid. For instance, if I move out of state to a state that does not have a reciprocity agreement with Indiana and obtain their LTCH permit wouldn't I still be legal to carry in Indiana with my lifetime LTCH resident license?

possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area
    What about the reciprocity agreement between Indiana and Florida?

Are you saying you have to re-do it because you are no longer a resident of Indiana? I do not know for certain, but I would think that a lifetime Indiana resident permit would still be valid. For instance, if I move out of state to a state that does not have a reciprocity agreement with Indiana and obtain their LTCH permit wouldn't I still be legal to carry in Indiana with my lifetime LTCH resident license?

No, because you are no longer a resident of Indiana, it's that simple. Your license to carry in Indiana is only for people who live and work here, nothing more.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    IN order for you to have an Indiana LTCH, you must be a resident of Indiana. Once you move out of state, you notify the state police and they "deactivate" it. You apply in your new state of residence and have ther CWP instead. If you move back to Indiana, I believe you can once again notify the state police and they will "reactivate" it.

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    It would start all over, you would go through the same process any resident of FL without a license/permit would have to go through. Your lifetime IN LTCH is no longer valid if you are no longer a resident of Indiana.

jburris

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    henry county
    depends on how many days a year you live there. If you still have residence here for a certain part of the year then it will be valid. check the .gov site for the time between states. it says on there, ive seen it.

bushcf

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    Terre Haute
    IN order for you to have an Indiana LTCH, you must be a resident of Indiana. Once you move out of state, you notify the state police and they "deactivate" it. You apply in your new state of residence and have ther CWP instead. If you move back to Indiana, I believe you can once again notify the state police and they will "reactivate" it.

This makes sense. Like I said I didn't know for certain, was obviously flawed in my logic...or logic is flawed when it comes to political tape

Top Bottom