• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vi3t1uv

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2008
    Indy
    What's CCI mean, please educate me the pros and cons. I tried to look it up but didn't come up with anything.:dunno:

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Ya know,I have no idea what CCI stands for? I have shot a bunch of that brand of ammo and it is accurate.I like the Stingers,32gr fragmented varmint load in subsonic & Green Tag Competition(big buck$ but super accurate).

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Off the top of my head, I think that CCI stands for Cascade Cartridge Industries. I've used a lot of their .22 ammo over the years, mostly their Standard Velocity brand. It was always consistently accurate, and reliable (always goes bang). Their primers are very good also, but mostly I've used Winchester, because over the years the Winchester seem to feed through the Dillon better. I've heard that CCI has changed their primer size and now they feed through the Dillons very well.

vi3t1uv

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2008
    Indy
    Don't shoot much CCI ammo (22LR only)....... but have used a crap load of their primers.

Well as referring to CCI ammo. I went to Walmart to get some 22LR, and the CCI with the price of $7 for 100 rds, but with the Federal i can get 550 rds for $13. So i don't know if the CCI has any better side to it for that much of the price?

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    The ammo you were looking at is CCI Mini-Mag. It is more consistent than Federal or Remington bulk packs. It depends on what you are doing with it. Shooting when you need it to go bang and be consistent, the CCI is worth the extra money. Otherwise, I shoot Remington or Federal Bulk Pack.

vi3t1uv

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2008
    Indy
    So the Federal non-CCI would still be good for shooting right? It's not gonna make the gun dirty or anything compared to the CCI?

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    So the Federal non-CCI would still be good for shooting right? It's not gonna make the gun dirty or anything compared to the CCI?

Note again that CCI is a brand, not a type. Your firearm may perform better with Federal over CCI or vice-versa.

Top Bottom