• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Witnessed a hit and run yesterday while loading up my car at Sam's Club. Heard a loud BANG and looked up to see a grey Audi SUV and a black Jeep Liberty had hit each other. Audi was disabled, with airbags deployed, and Jeep had extensive front end damage. Then the black Jeep starts to take off. I finished loading up my stuff, and headed down the road in the direction the Jeep went. I thought with the amount of damage, I may see debris on the road, or possibly the Jeep broken down somewhere. Nope, nada. Eventually I turn back toward the direction I need to go to get home. I roll up to a stop light and in the other lane is a black Jeep Liberty with its front bumper hanging on the ground. I call 911, give them the description, plate number, and follow the guy for a little bit while still on the phone with 911. The guy pulls in to a Speedway gas station literally half a block from the police station. I sit there at a pump for a minute while I watch the guy get out of the Jeep and stagger into the gas station. Cop shows up, I point out the car, and cop asks me to go inside with him to ID the driver. Meanwhile, 4 more cops come rolling in too. Guy comes out of the bathroom, and I point him out and he has 5 cops surrounding him within seconds. I gave one officer my info and statement, and left. Not sure what the outcome was, but I don't usually see 3 squads show up for a reported hit and run. I'm thinking when I gave them the plate number, it came back to some warrants maybe. Either way, hit and run drivers are some of the lowest scum out there. Glad he got caught.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Great job. Sounds like the Jeep driver is a frequent flyer with law enforcement.
    Yup. Had a similar situation many moons ago but I was the hitee, the hitter stopped and told me to meet him in the bar down the street. I respectfully declined and asked him to wait for the cops, he headed to the beer joint. When the cops arrived, after hearing his description and plate number he called in several units for back up and they brought the guy out of the bar basically hog tied. Said they'd been after him for a long time.

Of course, he had no insurance, so I guess he got the last laugh. From behind bars.

Tryin'

Victimized
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Great witnessing! As for the cars, my agency will usually send three. One to go to the scene and two to roam the area. With great info like yours, sometimes more will mark on.

Again, great job!

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Well Done.
    We Definitely need More folks to "Get Involved" in situations like this!
    The "Not My Problem" attitude is Part of what's Wrong with things. JMO
    My 17 year old son was involved in a hit and run a while back. At least a dozen or more people witnessed it. Not a single person even stopped to see if he was ok, let alone actually follow the other car and notify law enforcement. Nobody gives a **** beyond what directly affects them.

stoyan79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 24, 2009
    Hit and runs happen a lot more than people think. Maybe because scumbags get away with it. Many years back it happened to me, I chased the guy with 911 on the phone. 911 was screaming at me to stop the chase and they would not dispatch until I stop. The scumbag got away. Very pissed off that day ...

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Either way, hit and run drivers are some of the lowest scum out there. Glad he got caught.
    And one tier above them are the people that drive around without insurance. Had one of those dipshits rearend the wife’s car a few years ago we pull over in a gas station and he’s like yeah I don’t have insurance but I can give you cash. I was pissed. If I wasn’t such the nice guy I am I probably would have really come unglued. Luckily I always keep an uninsured/underinsured policy on my insurance.

Lpherr

Occupied
    Witnessed a hit and run yesterday while loading up my car at Sam's Club. Heard a loud BANG and looked up to see a grey Audi SUV and a black Jeep Liberty had hit each other. Audi was disabled, with airbags deployed, and Jeep had extensive front end damage. Then the black Jeep starts to take off. I finished loading up my stuff, and headed down the road in the direction the Jeep went. I thought with the amount of damage, I may see debris on the road, or possibly the Jeep broken down somewhere. Nope, nada. Eventually I turn back toward the direction I need to go to get home. I roll up to a stop light and in the other lane is a black Jeep Liberty with its front bumper hanging on the ground. I call 911, give them the description, plate number, and follow the guy for a little bit while still on the phone with 911. The guy pulls in to a Speedway gas station literally half a block from the police station. I sit there at a pump for a minute while I watch the guy get out of the Jeep and stagger into the gas station. Cop shows up, I point out the car, and cop asks me to go inside with him to ID the driver. Meanwhile, 4 more cops come rolling in too. Guy comes out of the bathroom, and I point him out and he has 5 cops surrounding him within seconds. I gave one officer my info and statement, and left. Not sure what the outcome was, but I don't usually see 3 squads show up for a reported hit and run. I'm thinking when I gave them the plate number, it came back to some warrants maybe. Either way, hit and run drivers are some of the lowest scum out there. Glad he got caught.
    Why did you call the po-po on the guy?

He just had to take a leak.
    Or maybe he needed to clean his shorts after :poop:ing them.

Glad you took action and the jackass was apprehended. If bags were deployed, it was a decent impact.
    How was the other driver?

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    You are to be commended. Mucho INGO gracias! Somebody in the Audi could have been hurt. And you actually got out of your car and went "eyes-on" with the perp! Not many would do that. I've been on the receiving end of this and the cops didn't give a shxt because nobody was hurt.

I have two bricks of 22lr for you, if you don't feel weird PM'ing me an address to send it to.

Hit and runs happen a lot more than people think. Maybe because scumbags get away with it. Many years back it happened to me, I chased the guy with 911 on the phone. 911 was screaming at me to stop the chase and they would not dispatch until I stop. The scumbag got away. Very pissed off that day ...
    Future reference for everyone, if this happens again: just politely tell the dispatcher the location and description, and if the cop's girlfriend persists in dickishness, tell them, "All right, I gave you a chance to do the right thing, and will now handle the matter my own way," floor the accelerator loud enough for them to hear, then hang up super-abruptly and go to McDonald's for a frapp and a smile.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Nice job.

Did that myself once. Watched a lady T bone another car and took off. I followed her and called the cops. They ended up getting her. The crazy ***** had 4 or 5 little kids in the car with her. And the mother of the year award went to. . . . . . .

Top Bottom