• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    The Catholic Hospitals have long held the position that if they are given an order by the government that violates the faith and teachings of the church that the hospitals will close. I too support that decision.

HOWEVER, I do not think most people understand how big a deal this is.

There are Catholic hospitals in all but 3 counties in the United States. In something like 70% of those counties, the local Catholic hospital IS the PRIMARY care hospital for the entire county. In Lake County we have quite a few hospitals but Catholic hospitals provide the bulk of the care. We do have a Methodist Hospital here, but I believe there are 6 or 7 Catholic owned hospitals (I think one of the Catholic groups purchased controlling interest in Munster Community, so the only non-religious hospital is now Catholic). Further, the Catholic health care system extends well beyond hospitals into local health care centers and offices, as well as rehabilitation/excercise centers (Omni41) all over Lake county.

Shut down these hospitals and there will be a MAJOR health crisis in the US as many counties RELY on Catholic health care for their hospitals.

I know that Obama got a large portion of the Catholic vote, but I don't think he can affort the political fallout of losing the Catholic hospitals.

mattfoley

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Wayne Co.
    I do hope the hospitals follow through on the threat if it passes. Someone needs to make a stand against all the fake Catholic politicians (Pelosi, Biden, Sebelius, etc.)

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    There will be no disruption of health care. The Kenyan will declare an emergency, nationalize the hospitals, and the Drs will be required to report to work via court order.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    There will be no disruption of health care. The Kenyan will declare an emergency, nationalize the hospitals, and the Drs will be required to report to work via court order.

Of course, because everybody knows that slaves make so much better doctors than do free men and women.</sarcasm>

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    Look at the balls they had in Connecticutt. They were going to try to remove the Catholic Bishop as head of their Churches and put an elected committee in his place to run the diocese.I am not Catholic but that is just wrong. These people will destroy all religion in this country if they can.

Top Bottom