• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    No one is going to do anything about it, because ultimately the power people don't care. I saw on the news this morning about some guy getting probation for rape. It is just the society we live in. They would rather punish honest law abiding working people than the criminal class.
    Could that be because there are so many bleeding heart assholes in the world crying about the criminal element didn't have a dog, dad, woobie, friends, similar opportunities, etc as the other members of society that they shouldn't be judged in a similar fashion?

No purple intended!

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I can't quite remember the details.....but does this sound right to you older guys? When I was a kid my dad had a barber buddy who also was a clock repairman. He had this part that I think came from an old crank phone. Somehow you could crank it up and it would shock the hell out of you. I remember him and my dad hooking that thing up so it would shock a dog that was peeing on his car tire.

What was the crank thing I am thinking of? Would that like fry a car now days with all the electronics? Any of you know......

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I can't quite remember the details.....but does this sound right to you older guys? When I was a kid my dad had a barber buddy who also was a clock repairman. He had this part that I think came from an old crank phone. Somehow you could crank it up and it would shock the hell out of you. I remember him and my dad hooking that thing up so it would shock a dog that was peeing on his car tire.

What was the crank thing I am thinking of? Would that like fry a car now days with all the electronics? Any of you know......

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

One of my teachers (don't remember if it was science or shop class) had one of those and had us all stand in a circle holding hands. The people on the end of the circle would each grab one wire from that crank generator and then he'd slowly give it a crank. Shooboyhowdy was that a rush!! :lmfao:

I've also heard of people driving 2 pieces of rebar or copper tubing into the ground and hooking one up to them to make nightcrawlers come up out of the ground.

jdeanp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2022
    Southern IN
    How much can they expect to get from your average CC? It has to be more than the saw is worth, or they'd just pawn it for a hit.

Do we know if it's more likely 1-2 goobers getting cash for a fix, or larger organized groups?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Catalytic converter thefts have blown the roof off the column charts.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    How much can they expect to get from your average CC? It has to be more than the saw is worth, or they'd just pawn it for a hit.

Do we know if it's more likely 1-2 goobers getting cash for a fix, or larger organized groups?
    I've heard that some of them can bring a C note. Apparently the little hybrids have a very unique menu of metals in them making them especially lucrative.

To the notion of painting them upstream does the video owner not understand what heat does to paint? Obviously never painted a set of headers.:)

HHollow

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    I used to put straight pipe in place of them when I live in Alabama and owned a Muffler Shop. I did them for $20. Even did the cars for the Sheriffs Dept. We called them "test pipes" to test and see if the converter was causing an issue.

We do the same in the western hinterlands. But bear in mind someone is committing a Federal offense. But an LS swap is likely to break the same laws.

It is nice to live in a free state.

Jin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    May 20, 2019
    Salamonie
    Had this happened to my wife’s Honda when it was in the shop for repair.

Luckily the shop took care of the loss, but seems like any of the low emission vehicles get targeted

I thought about putting air suspension on the car and if unfortunately the car loses pressure while the dirtbag is under the car and smushes the thief

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom