• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glockster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Indianapolis

What do you think metal prices were when that ammo was manufactured?

When was it manufactured?

My point in the comment is that I don't think the gun shops are the villains in the ammo pricing scenario. And, I don't think the manufacturers have raised their prices nearly what is coming through to the consumers. That leaves the distributors in my cross hairs.

glockguy07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    My question is who in the hell is buying/trading for ammo that is priced so ridiculously? Are they out of their minds? :dunno:

I hit up Walmart frequently for the prices stated above and if you watch aimsurplus.com you will find fair deals on there too - in example Wolf .45 50rds for $13.95/box plus shipping (which is usually around what tax would cost you if you buy around 1,000rds)

Last edited:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

No kidding. If its doable, do it! ;)

No, it's easier to holler because market forces don't exempt me from them.

Here's something to ponder. Whether a dealer, distributor or manufacturer, they all have overhead. Let's use dealers as an easy example. A dealer might have $1000 fixed costs in overhead per week. A typical week for them is to sell 100 boxes of ammo at $2 per box profit, 20 guns at $50 profit per gun and other misc. sales for a total of $800 profit. That's $2000 in income for a total of $1000 in profit.

Now his supplies are extremely limited and he can only get in 30-40 boxes of ammo and 10 guns a week to sell. Is he still supposed to sell them at the same prices as before assuming he's still getting them at the same cost? He's now taking in $80 a week for ammo, $500 a week in guns and possibly still getting $800 in misc. That's a loss of $620 a week in income. Are any of you guys going to take that hit? These same things apply to distributors and manufacturers as well.

Old Syko

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    My point in the comment is that I don't think the gun shops are the villains in the ammo pricing scenario. And, I don't think the manufacturers have raised their prices nearly what is coming through to the consumers. That leaves the distributors in my cross hairs.

Again Glockster is absolutely correct! An acquaintance of mine who is in just exactly that position has recently confirmed just this fact.

Top Bottom