• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Brazil, IN area huh? I am starting to see a trend here: Live in the outskirts of Indiana, jack up prices? :( Maybe there isn't alot of gun dealers out that way...

If you think thats high check out the TRADES from the South of Indy area here on INGO. Seems like if you go south from Indy the water must have been contaminated. Or the "real" Chinese steel core for 1 dollar a round, Some Great Deals to be found here :xmad:

ruger7722

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    indy
    hoosier topics is a joke.people wanting over twice what a gun cost new.then someone will put a gun priced right,and there is no gun to be sold.i seen a stevens 200 on there for an ungodly amount,because it had a cheap chinese scope.guns sell for 299.00 at bradis.the same guns over and over.it wouldnt be so bad if there was more to choose from,if i was a criminal thats where i would get mine from.i could pay a little more,a couple bank jobs and the gun would be paid off.i dont really mean that.

mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac
    If you think thats high check out the TRADES from the South of Indy area here on INGO. Seems like if you go south from Indy the water must have been contaminated. Or the "real" Chinese steel core for 1 dollar a round, Some Great Deals to be found here :xmad:

He finally figured out nobody was gonna spend that on ammo that used to be .16 a round.

I am truly embarrassed by some of the more recent classifieds, I like to think of the people I converse with on here as friends and unless your a hot single chic I don't screw my friends.:D

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Refuse to buy it! That is the only way to restore supply and drop prices. Just don't buy any.
    I have been saying that for months now, but there are some people that just have to "heat up" their _______ (fill in the blank) "this summer". Not really. If you have some ammo, you should be able to weather this storm of high prices. Ammo is not like food. Food you have to pay for since you have to eat, but ammo does not have to be bought. Wait it out.........

Glockster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Thanks to another INGO member, a quantity of Blazer Brass 9mm was identified at a northside Walmart, incredibly, still selling for $8.97/50. They did have a 4 box maximum. This just goes to show that the price spikes are demand related, not cost.

Old Syko

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    I'm dumbfounded as to why people who are willing to pay todays inflated prices fail to understand that every time they make yet another purchase at these rates, they are doing nothing but perpetuating the problem. Glockster has the answer.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I am under the impression that if the SHTF (you name it), the "praise the lord and pass the ammunition" phrase will be thrown to the winds. Shooters help gun owners and other shooters. Gun Owners screw over their own. There is a fine line between what constitutes a shooter and just a gun owner. Shooters are those who shoot, they keep an eye on rights, they maintain their weapons, they KNOW their weapons. Gun Owners are just some guy/gal who bought a gun, probably has no friggin idea how the thing works or gives a damn; they now have a gun, dont fark with me attitude takes over. The average joe out there just either doesn't get it (continues to buy, raising demand and pricing) or sees dollar signs spinning in their eyes (by selling items they have hoarded JUST before the Dem effect). A true and proper shooter (read: American, a true one) would never do any of this. Unfortunately, the chaff outweighs the rice in this case...

In all honesty, people continuing to pay today's prices probably dont know of the better time we as shooters used to have. They probably JUST got a gun and JUST got ammo for it. They dont know any better, similar to my generation and work ethic. Long gone is the knowledge of yesterday's prices, thrown into the oubliette of forgotten antiquity. People that are buying out of panic now that have not purchased a gun before probably dont know of 1.99 Wolf or 5.00 Radway Green. They will complain about how expensive shooting IS rather than how much it IS NOW. They dont know and they never will. They, like many Americans today, care about themselves, fark the rest.

That being said, I am for stores limiting ammo purchases just for that reason. Its now time for the gate keepers to say enough, let everyone have the chance to defend themselves, not just the "luckey" or rich few. Because, just as we see here, the gun community (gun owners, not shooters) sure as hell ain't gonna regulate themselves. Its every gorilla for themselves...

I am seasick in an ocean of wickedness...

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    The ceiling is near.

Refuse to buy it! That is the only way to restore supply and drop prices. Just don't buy any.

They found out the ceiling on gas is around $5.00/gal. I wonder what the ceiling on ammo will be. If we stop buying before they jack it up too high or add some outrageous tax maybe it will return to normal. Gotta admit though I have been stocking up for the last two years and am pretty set myself.

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    They found out the ceiling on gas is around $5.00/gal. I wonder what the ceiling on ammo will be. If we stop buying before they jack it up too high or add some outrageous tax maybe it will return to normal. Gotta admit though I have been stocking up for the last two years and am pretty set myself.

You have to think a lot of people are getting in that position. Rifle and pistol cartridges, I don't think I would ever use all that I have based upon past shooting experience. The only thing I might need is more shotgun shells, but truth to tell that isn't what I have been buying. Maybe I need to change that.

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    I would stop purchasing ammo but unlike many of the other members here I don't have very much. Once I reach what I consider to be a minimal supply I will stop. I can not afford to buy ammo by the case in reality its difficult for me to afford the 200 packs at Bradis. I was hoping to have 4 or 5 more weeks so I could get up to 1000rnds of .223 I currently only have about 300 and have plans to shoot at the end of the month. I did finally find a set of dies so I can start reloading that is if I can find primers to do so.

Top Bottom