• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Miketodd

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I've got a good friend that is a Gary cop and he is convinced what his coworker experienced is true. He said he just gets a weird feeling when he drives past the house. I also have a friend that works at one of the places the children were placed in and she said there was a presence that was around them that you just couldn't explain.
    Do I believe that there are spirit around us both good and bad? Yes. Do I believe in hauntings? Not sure.
    However, everyone I have talked to that has had some type of encounter either with one of the persons listed or the property seems to believe there was something supernatural happening. Maybe it is the human mind and how they reacted after hearing the story. Who knows, but it is interesting to me.

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    Most larger Diocese's (is that a word?) have a full time resident exorcist. Indy certainly does.

Every recognized religion in the world (and many that aren't) has exorcism rituals and trained exorcists. If you want to go a little deeper into the world of possessions and exorcisms read the Demonologist by Ed and Lorraine Warren. You'll never look at a Ouija board the same again. The movie "The Conjuring" is taken from one of their cases.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Every recognized religion in the world (and many that aren't) has exorcism rituals and trained exorcists. If you want to go a little deeper into the world of possessions and exorcisms read the Demonologist by Ed and Lorraine Warren. You'll never look at a Ouija board the same again. The movie "The Conjuring" is taken from one of their cases.

It's funny you should bring up the "Ouija Board"...My Mom's cousin (who was close to my age) was visitng back in the 70's when I was about 10 years old or so...It was late at night and he was a little older and we got out a Ouija board and started trying to reach JFK (for some reason) and after getting some weird messages that made no sense (I remember thinking if my cousin was doing it to scare me wouldn't he have made the answers "Kennedy Like"?) when all of a sudden there was a loud crash in the hall closet where the furnace is...We got scared and hit the sack...

The next morning the Heating and Air guy was by. Dad had to call him and the furnace had to have some major repairs....I remember Dad asking me if we did anything to the furnace and I mentioned the Ouija board and he just scoffed...

To paraphrase Charlie Daniels "There are some things in this world you just can't explain..."

There are some good interviews with Ed and Lorraine Warren on youtube....Every culture has a Flood story...Every Culture has possesion stories....Science is often too quick to discount what they can't explain...

IMHO ofcourse...

finnegan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Clark County
    Upon reading this, I'm convinced that everyone watches way too many movies. The priest had them looking for pentagrams under the stairs for a portal to Hell? Was he expecting Buffy the Vampire Slayer to show up next to close the Hellmouth? If this story has any kernel of truth, I'd really like to think that the trained professionals that are called in to deal with it have some other answer than "Well, it worked in the SyFy movie I just watched."

Last edited:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Maybe it was a conspiracy involving a mother, a grandmother, several social workers, a nurse, a doctor, a priest, a police captain, and several ranking police officers.

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    Maybe it was a conspiracy involving a mother, a grandmother, several social workers, a nurse, a doctor, a priest, a police captain, and several ranking police officers.

Yep, they must have been paid by the family for their responses and they all go to the same church and all want the same publicity and derision to come their way. Oh, and let's not forget that they just like to lie. EVERYBODY wants that kind of notoriety and exposure. But Mass Hysteria explains this quite completely. Yeah, THAT'S the ticket. It explains away everything that people witness that science can't explain and doesn't want to recognize. "If we can't prove it with what we believe are rational explanations then it doesn't/can't exist or happen."

swampdonkey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Bloomington
    i am not convinced this is real by any means, i figured the priest would have been very somber and sincere about the event. he seemed the way he was recapping the event is was all proud and animated about it.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Depends. I'd say it is a great thing if you're an exorcist. I know when I'm scanning job ads, full time resident exorcist is usually right above full time unicorn wrangler.

Job ads? Pfffft.

You can just do your exorcisms via Skype now days. Only $10 to wash those demons right out of your hair!

[video=youtube;Ej4sHU0xfwE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ej4sHU0xfwE[/video]

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I'll pay $15 if he can get the demons out of my hair and beard. Well, it might not be demons but whatever it is attracts squirrels. Those little fellas took up residence.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County

U2-teenagers.jpg

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Do I believe that there are spirit around us both good and bad? Yes. Do I believe in hauntings? Not sure.
    However, everyone I have talked to that has had some type of encounter either with one of the persons listed or the property seems to believe there was something supernatural happening.

Yep, they must have been paid by the family for their responses and they all go to the same church and all want the same publicity and derision to come their way. Oh, and let's not forget that they just like to lie. EVERYBODY wants that kind of notoriety and exposure. But Mass Hysteria explains this quite completely. Yeah, THAT'S the ticket. It explains away everything that people witness that science can't explain and doesn't want to recognize. "If we can't prove it with what we believe are rational explanations then it doesn't/can't exist or happen."
    People are freaky hypocrites. They'll believe in ghosts, reincarnations, wiccan spells, voodoo and hoodoo and all kinds of weird ****... but bring in "demon possession" and ohhh nooo... there's no such thing as that! Weird.

Top Bottom