• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Feign

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Columbus-ish
    A volunteer firehouse somewhere outside Columbus, Indiana? I bet they won't let you vote UNLESS you are carrying. :):

BTW, my location is also a volunteer firehouse. I'll be voting this afternoon and, yes, I'll be armed.
    Why yes, you would be correct. :D I know that there's nothing in state law preventing me from doing such a thing and there are no township ordinances that would prevent it either AFAIK, but I just wanted to be sure.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    I should have taken my shotgun.

That is, after all, the traditional weapon for fighting off hordes of zombies, is it not?

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    Come on now you all. You know you have nothing to worry about. The police will be there to protect us all. LOL. At least I hope so.
    Actually, I spoke with a member of IPD who guards our front desk about any additional duties they have on election day. He said they do not have any and are not allowed near polling areas. I assume this is for eliminating the idea of intimidation. I had never thought about it before.
    I\'ll be OC\'ing when I walk in to vote at our local baptist church. I just don\'t understand where N\'Obama gets that I am angry and clingin to Guns and Religion. Oh well.
    I do not cling to guns. With a proper holster, guns cling to me.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Nope. Apartment Offices. We're in different precincts. Saratoga Parkway is the dividing line.

Wow I can only imagine what Heartland Crossing is like. I know they have 3 separate schooling districts in that subdivision alone so i feel for those people.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    I've looked and found nothing for or against carry at the polls. Could not find anything on any ordinances for franklin township. Left mine in the car. Though it best seeing how i was oc'ing and wearing a boondock saints t-shirt with the brothers on the front pointin guns.

agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    I love this part of our Indiana Code and Constitution:

Section 32. The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State.

Now I know that we dont have State ".30-06" statutes to charge a criminal complaint ... like others have mentioned - some places of commerce in townships, and cities may have proprietary jurisdiction.

I know there are some stores that require you to clear out your firearm at a desk and pick it up on your way out - or keep it in your vehicle.

Now if you refuse to disarm or leave - they can charge you with criminal trespass and/or ban you from the property.

Top Bottom