• ...and so much more!
  • patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Didn’t Indiana get ride of the LTCH? A few months ago?
    Not quite. Constitutional carry did not do away with the ltch. It only made it unnecessary in the state. They still will provide one if you qualify and apply and it is useful if you need to carry in a state with reciprocity that requires a license.

Quiet Observer

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    St. John
    Not that I am aware of....

You can get one but do not need one.
    You do not need a license in Indiana, but if you travel to some other states, they will require you to have a license from you home state.
    North Dakota allows permitless carry for its residents.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Keep in mind most police officers and their adjudicating departments still believe there is such a thing as registration of firearms either with the state or the feds through the 4473 NICS check, or other various paper trails.

I was privy to a wonderful conversation in a gun store ran by cops talking about arresting a woman for selling "unregistered pistols" to minors that were "registered to her"

I believe these are a rare case of Schrodinger's pistols whereby they are both "registered" and "unregistered" simultaneously in a state that does not offer nor require such registration.

Hell the news just reported another woman convicted of misdemeanor possession of a handgun without a permit despite it being inside her house. (She was doing a LOT of other very bad **** though so not exactly an innocent bystander here)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    I thought maybe the OP was referring to a self-manufactured/built gun that had no Ser. #.
    If a gun is built in IN, remains in IN, is it legal to carry? And a question about the states that do require guns be registered... Is that for each and every handgun? Are private sales allowed or must each purchase be through FFL in those states?

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I thought maybe the OP was referring to a self-manufactured/built gun that had no Ser. #.
    If a gun is built in IN, remains in IN, is it legal to carry? And a question about the states that do require guns be registered... Is that for each and every handgun? Are private sales allowed or must each purchase be through FFL in those states?
    If a canoe flies over and drops 4 wheels, how many flapjacks does it take to cover a doghouse?

Well of course, the answer is 9, because ice creams don't have bones.

Ron#68

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 20, 2022
    Valparaiso
    Not quite. Constitutional carry did not do away with the ltch. It only made it unnecessary in the state. They still will provide one if you qualify and apply and it is useful if you need to carry in a state with reciprocity that requires a license.
    I’ve had my LTCH for 30 yrs plus. I think they should have left it alone, seems confusing.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    In defense of the OP let’s ask the question a different way. Should a person carry a gun purchased via a private sale?

The answer of course is that is completely legal in Indiana provided the gun owner is not a prohibited person. The issue would be if the gun was stolen, which I suppose could cause some issues. But here is the dirty little secret, even a used gun purchased in a gun shop could have been stolen. Of course there would also be a paper trail. Private sales not so much. My advice is proceed with appropriate caution. That said my main carry gun was acquired via private transaction. I purchased a handgun for my 18 year son as a gift and it was also via private transaction.

Quiet Observer

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    St. John
    Different states would probably have different laws. Just as each state has different licensing laws or may have some variation on "Constitutional Carry" e.g., age or residency requirements.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Different states would probably have different laws. Just as each state has different licensing laws or may have some variation on "Constitutional Carry" e.g., age or residency requirements.
    I peaked at Michigan. It was ridiculous. A permit to buy and then still must register the gun. If you move within the state, your registration must be updated accordingly. I would think that would be more trouble than it's worth for the state. MI does at least recip with IN as long as you're over 21 and have a resident permit.

Top Bottom