• ...and so much more!
  • Koven

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2016
    Leo
    Hi everyone!!!

I have looked around and can't really find something solid on this. Maybe I looked in the wrong places.. so hopefully one of you can help me out.

Can you carry a loaded rifle readily accessible in a vehicle in Michigan with an LTCH?

Koven

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2016
    Leo
    I have read and been told that it is fine to carry a rifle loaded with my LTCH, but I had a Michigan cop tell me yesterday that when my car was burning down that it wasn't okay, then he asked his buddy who didn't know so it gave me the impression that they didn't know about the law at all regarding the issue.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    I have read and been told that it is fine to carry a rifle loaded with my LTCH, but I had a Michigan cop tell me yesterday that when my car was burning down that it wasn't okay, then he asked his buddy who didn't know so it gave me the impression that they didn't know about the law at all regarding the issue.

Bigtanker is correct with his post. You can carry a loaded rifle in a vehicle here, but you can also go to jail for it. It is not unusual for the officers to not be clear on the law. I have been in the jail before when a State Trooper brought in a guy he had arrested for carrying an unloaded rifle in the trunk because it was not locked up. Fortunately in that case the jail declined to book the "prisoner", but it just shows you what kind of confusion there is out there on the subject.

Top Bottom