• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    The Carry Gun matches will continue at Riley Conservation Club PROBABLY starting April 13th weather dependent

Equipment and rules will be the same, mostly

I'm thinking that we may have some stages or an entire match where there is no mandatory reload but, there is no administrative reloading between stages. I'm still wrapping my head around this. I think it will add a little more artificial stress and cognitive loading for some. Of course, this would effect those with limited capacity guns and really hamper the Revo shooters (we dont get many of these). I don't think it would be every match unless it is well liked. And, it would be announced ahead of time. Extended magazines would not be allowed. Maybe even think about limiting full size round capacities to even it out some for those stages.

Anyway...discuss amongst yourselves and I'll announce the match in March if approved by Riley BOD

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    what if you did
    -open
    -limited
    -revolver

then the stage wsb could dictate if you wanted a reload or not, and revo's would be heads up against each other with a required reload after 6 rounds no matter the revolver they use.

racegunz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 6, 2015
    Indiana
    How about run what ya brung and let the chips fall? No reloading or topping off between stages is just dumb, what real life scenario is that supposed to reflect? Forgetfulness or stupidity?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    How about run what ya brung and let the chips fall? No reloading or topping off between stages is just dumb, what real life scenario is that supposed to reflect? Forgetfulness or stupidity?
    Really?

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    To make sure we understand, you're saying all topping off of guns, mags, etc. would need to occur immediately after completing the stage, while you're still on the range and hot? And, no handling of guns/mags/ammo between stages?

Because if so, I thought that was Coach's original concept, anyway :scratch:

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    Well the idea is to test different skills. Reloading is a skill. True that "gunfights" rarely require a Reload but failures happen all the time (watch body cam videos from police officers).

It's creating an artificial failure and it will cause you to "fix it" quickly. Is it perfect, absolutely not...will it require a skill to be tested and add additional artificial cognitive load, likely yes

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    what if you did
    -open
    -limited
    -revolver

then the stage wsb could dictate if you wanted a reload or not, and revo's would be heads up against each other with a required reload after 6 rounds no matter the revolver they use.
    I like this idea but you know coach would roll over in his grave trying to make things "evenish" for revolver

Well I guess he did by the original reload after 6 round rule

Last edited:

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    To make sure we understand, you're saying all topping off of guns, mags, etc. would need to occur immediately after completing the stage, while you're still on the range and hot? And, no handling of guns/mags/ammo between stages?

Because if so, I thought that was Coach's original concept, anyway :scratch:
    Not topping off between stages and not having mandatory reloads

Yes we carry full magazines or should be

Reloads are rarely required "in da streetz"

Failures happen and this is a way to try and make them as random as possible or you have to sit there and count your rounds which will add some cognitive load too. Putting snap caps in everyone's mags is time consuming and would have to be the same for everyone

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Well the idea is to test different skills. Reloading is a skill. True that "gunfights" rarely require a Reload but failures happen all the time (watch body cam videos from police officers).

It's creating an artificial failure and it will cause you to "fix it" quickly. Is it perfect, absolutely not...will it require a skill to be tested and add additional artificial cognitive load, likely yes
    Ah, ok...you're not saying this:

...there is no administrative reloading between stages...

You're saying no administrative reloads of the gun at any time, period. It's to induce a slide-lock stoppage somewhere in a stage?

2-Alpha

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2018
    Indianapolis area
    I don’t have enough mags in my EDC loadout to do more than about 1.5 stages, so at some point I’d have to go to the table and replace empty mags with full ones, and fill the ones from the ground back up.

Top Bottom