• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Evermoore

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    So I went to see a movie with a friend tonight when I noticed a small sign posted inside of the Carmike Cinema that said they have the right to search any bag or package and that no guns or weapons were allowed. It was placed inside on one of the pillars where about 98% of people would never even see it..

Hurley

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Georgetown, IN
    So I went to see a movie with a friend tonight when I noticed a small sign posted inside of the Carmike Cinema that said they have the right to search any bag or package and that no guns or weapons were allowed. It was placed inside on one of the pillars where about 98% of people would never even see it..

That sign is like my LC9 in my Crossbreed IWB holster that I would wear in any theater. 99.9% of the people will never see it either. :)

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    I understand that legally they can ask you to leave the property if they know you are carrying, but I'd call BS on searching any bags. Someone with more legal experience may want to weigh in, but I didn't think that walking into any business gives them the right to just search me or my belongings. Seriously, I'm not letting some pimply-faced teenager who works there or some rent-a-cop frisk me or go through my wife's purse just because he wants to.

Bob2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 24, 2010
    So in the circumstance of a business having a rule about no gun, you are not breaking any LAW, right? Worst case is they can kick you out if discovered, but that is the only thing that could happen?

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    There's a theater here that had a sign at the ticket window. I had my EDC piece in a paddle holster on the outside of my shirt/pants. I did have my med length coat on so it was hidden from plain sight. As we gave the 'ticket guy' our tickets, I noticed an officer standing against the wall as if he was there guarding the place.

We watched the movie without incident becasue concealed means concealed. The good part though, is if they're going to restrict our right to defend ourselves, it was nice to see an on duty officer (not a rent-a-cop) there 'just in case'.. most places won't even go that far.

Call it what you want.. I'm ok with the business having real police officers on site if they have a no guns sign. (I still carry anyway as it's my duty to protect my wife and I and not the officers' duty)

:twocents:

nbunga

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 26, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Am I the only one who thinks its ridiculous that the theaters have 20 signs the size of billboards telling you not to bring your own food or drink in. But you need a friggin magnifying glass to find the one that tells you no guns allowed. I treat them the same way many people treat no trespassing signs. They can't prove you saw it so the first time all they can do is ask you to leave.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Pick up on of those signs that says "Notice to Criminals, all Law abiding citizens have been disarmed for your convenience" and discreetly stick it next to the other one..." They are cheap and it makes a good point for Sheep... Safety Signs and Labels - Easy Shopping with Guaranteed Compliance: ComplianceSigns, Inc. and search gun

Linky...
    Safety Signs: Attention Criminals This Is A Gun Free Zone All Law-Abiding Citizens Have Been Disarmed For Your Convenience sign #NHE-16346-Safety Signs Labels-ComplianceSigns.com

Picky...

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    I understand that legally they can ask you to leave the property if they know you are carrying, but I'd call BS on searching any bags. Someone with more legal experience may want to weigh in, but I didn't think that walking into any business gives them the right to just search me or my belongings. Seriously, I'm not letting some pimply-faced teenager who works there or some rent-a-cop frisk me or go through my wife's purse just because he wants to.

No, they don't have the "right" to search you and your belongings. But if a person wants to remain on their property, they will have to allow such a search. Otherwise, they will be asked to leave. It is a matter of authority on one's own property, not a matter of rights. There is no violation of rights there on either part, unless the person starts throwing a fit about being asked to leave.

Top Bottom