• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Can't read it. They want you to unlock the article with your email address.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I think its cute how the govt thinks that their permit would have prevented this. What are the odds that they would do a scientific survey to look for sinkholes? As dad used to say "Its between Slim and none, and Slim just left town."

Some worker would have just accepted the check, made sure its not too close to the property line and whatever other restrictions there are, and signed the permit. It still would have happened. They are full of crap. (unless they can show examples of other pools denied for this exact reason)
    The people in the pool seem pretty calm about it.
    Well, when you assume its just a small leak, sure. Who would expect that they could get sucked under and drown in a 25'+ cavern?

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I believe they said that two or three people were sucked into it with one fatality. In truest government fashion they said they are still investigating the cause of death. :ugh:

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    The people in the pool seem pretty calm about it.
    Yeah, I'm guessing the two guys went in after the video ended. I'm also guessing they probably went up to it to check it out and got too close.

It amazes me that there are people who will video a tragedy instead of attempting to help.
    See above, I don't think it was a tragedy when they were filming.

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Yeah, I'm guessing the two guys went in after the video ended. I'm also guessing they probably went up to it to check it out and got too close.

Not according to the article:

“A man in central Israel was killed on Thursday after a sinkhole opened under a swimming pool during a house party for co-workers and sucked him down into a hole 43 feet deep.
    Rescue teams responded to a villa in the town of Karmei Yosef, about 25 miles outside Tel Aviv, that was hosting a company event. Video of the incident shows a sinkhole opening up on Thursday afternoon, causing the pool to buckle and collapse inward as guests were in and around the pool. All of the water, inflatable rafts and toys were sucked into the large hole within seconds.
    Are you on Telegram? Subscribe to our channel for the latest updates on Russia's war in Ukraine.
    Two men were shown being dragged into the sinkhole as partygoers watched in horror and shock while dance music played poolside. While one of the men managed to climb out after falling down, the other is seen on video submerged underneath the water and attempting to escape the vortex. He then disappeared into the sinkhole.”

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Not according to the article:

“A man in central Israel was killed on Thursday after a sinkhole opened under a swimming pool during a house party for co-workers and sucked him down into a hole 43 feet deep.
    Rescue teams responded to a villa in the town of Karmei Yosef, about 25 miles outside Tel Aviv, that was hosting a company event. Video of the incident shows a sinkhole opening up on Thursday afternoon, causing the pool to buckle and collapse inward as guests were in and around the pool. All of the water, inflatable rafts and toys were sucked into the large hole within seconds.
    Are you on Telegram? Subscribe to our channel for the latest updates on Russia's war in Ukraine.
    Two men were shown being dragged into the sinkhole as partygoers watched in horror and shock while dance music played poolside. While one of the men managed to climb out after falling down, the other is seen on video submerged underneath the water and attempting to escape the vortex. He then disappeared into the sinkhole.”
    Okay maybe it was filmed. I'm still guessing they went up to it after the clip that was posted ended and got to close.

Mounty09

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Noblesville

I think one guy is already in the hole in that video and the other guy slipped and about went in. After a few moments the guy who slipped is almost trying to reach in to grab the other guy.

I also can't believe the lack of response from people. Several are still just sitting around the pool like nothing is going on.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I think one guy is already in the hole in that video and the other guy slipped and about went in. After a few moments the guy who slipped is almost trying to reach in to grab the other guy.

I also can't believe the lack of response from people. Several are still just sitting around the pool like nothing is going on.
    That's what people do when their brains are presented with something they have no experience to process.
    Fight
    Flight
    FREEZE

Top Bottom