• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I can almost understand setting the gun aside, but absolutely can NOT understand how one can walk away and not notice(for how long?) that they no longer have it with them.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    What would you do if you found the gun there as a visitor?

It's not like you can take the gun and go look for the nearest Capitol Police officer.:dunno:
    I wouldn't want to be caught with a gun inside the US Capitol.

Leave the gun there and leave the bathroom? Afterall it's not your gun but a kid (or someone with bad intentions who then would be armed inside the Capitol) could be the next person who finds it there.
    Stay next to the stall and call 911?
    Snap a pic and post in on INGO asap?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    What would you do if you found the gun there as a visitor?

It's not like you can take the gun and go look for the nearest Capitol Police officer.:dunno:
    I wouldn't want to be caught with a gun inside the US Capitol.

Leave the gun there and leave the bathroom? Afterall it's not your gun but a kid (or someone with bad intentions who then would be armed inside the Capitol) could be the next person who finds it there.
    Stay next to the stall and call 911?
    Snap a pic and post in on INGO asap?

How about unloading it, and either telling someone or, if you don't want to get involved, throwing the rounds away?

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    How about unloading it, and either telling someone or, if you don't want to get involved, throwing the rounds away?

Flushing the ammo? :): Or maybe in a trash can away from the gun. :dunno:
    Not sure if you could get charged with destruction of government property.
    If you report that you found the gun and threw away the ammo that is.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I wouldn't physically touch it, but I would attempt to find a security office ASAP.

Yeah I wouldn't want to touch it either.

The gun could be gone by the time you get back with a security/police officer though.
    Either its owner got it back or someone else found it.

Maybe leaving and locking the stall from the outside before you go look for an officer.
    You can usually do that in public bathrooms. :dunno:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    In the photo in the OP, is that the magazine that was supposed to have been loaded in the gun? From the angle, I can't tell for sure if the gun in the seat cover dispenser has a mag in it or not. If it is, that would mean the officer would have had to unchamber the round in the gun or s/he was carrying around a gun with no round chambered. Again...if so, I guess that's good he unloaded the gun on the one hand but all that coon-fingering wouldn't be a good idea seems to me.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    In the photo in the OP, is that the magazine that was supposed to have been loaded in the gun? From the angle, I can't tell for sure if the gun in the seat cover dispenser has a mag in it or not. If it is, that would mean the officer would have had to unchamber the round in the gun or s/he was carrying around a gun with no round chambered. Again...if so, I guess that's good he unloaded the gun on the one hand but all that coon-fingering wouldn't be a good idea seems to me.
    It appears the mag was pulled out of the gun. If you look closely you can see through the lanyard hole.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I remove my entire holster if I have do my business. I guess if your holster is on your belt you would remove the gun.

I'll take mine off if it's a very narrow stall where your pants etc are right at the edge of the stall.

I don't wear a police belt, but I carry a Glock 19 IWB, with a good holster and belt, and have never found a need to remove gun, holster or belt to use a restroom.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    While doing my business I unload the gun, field strip it, and then read all the various safety warnings that are engraved or stamped everywhere on the slide and frame. What else is there to do without a copy of American Rifleman to read?

loony1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Southside Indy
    This quote bothers me the most:

Unlike a gun with a traditional safety, a Glock will fire if the trigger is pulled — making the young boy’s alleged discovery of a gun in Boehner’s office particularly concerning. The gun lost by McConnell’s detail was left in a CVC bathroom within the Senate office space portion of the complex, lowering the likelihood it would be found by a tourist or visitor.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    This quote bothers me the most:

Unlike a gun with a traditional safety, a Glock will fire if the trigger is pulled — making the young boy’s alleged discovery of a gun in Boehner’s office particularly concerning. The gun lost by McConnell’s detail was left in a CVC bathroom within the Senate office space portion of the complex, lowering the likelihood it would be found by a tourist or visitor.

Come one we all know that Glocks are the most dangerous guns in the world.And the only guns who will fire when you pull the trigger. :):

CZB1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Newburgh
    The only time I ever had to remove my gun in the bathroom when just after I bought my XDS 45 used. It came with a Garrett Industries Silent Thunder (solo) IWB holster which had one of those "J" hooks to go on the belt. It was the kind that slid over your pants and had a hook that was supposed to grab under your belt from the inside to keep it from pulling up when you draw.

The first time I had to do my business in a public restroom, I was just getting settled in when I heard a clunk. The entire holster had come off and fell on the floor. The gun stayed in but right then I decided to send off for a clip that goes over the outside of my belt and hooks under. Until it arrived, I would remove the whole holster.

I have had clips made from Kydex before, but the one Garrett uses is thick and very stiff. That thing grabs like a vise so I should be good to go from now on.

Top Bottom