Can't Wait for This: New Animated ABC Mike Judge Series Mocks Liberal Enviro-Crazies

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Can't Wait for This: New Animated ABC Mike Judge Series Mocks Liberal Enviro-Crazies

By Debbie Schlussel

Yeah, you're probably thinking about the long holiday weekend and don't want to focus on next week.
    But I recommend you keep your calendar open for Wednesday Night, when at 9:00 p.m., ABC debuts "The Goode Family." It's an animated TV series directed by the genius behind the great, must-see "Idiocracy," Mike Judge, and it sounds hilarious. If you're like me and sick of the eco-hypocrites and enviro-crazies, this is for you, complete with a vegan dog and an adopted kid from South Africa (who they're upset turned out to be White).
    Director Mike Judge's new animated television series "The Goode Family" is a send-up of a clan of environmentalists who live by the words "What would Al Gore do?" Gerald and Helen Goode want nothing more than to minimize their carbon footprint. They feed their dog, Che, only veggies (much to the pet’s dismay) and Mr. Goode dutifully separates sheets of toilet paper when his wife accidentally buys two-ply. And, of course, the family drives a hybrid.
    goodefamily.jpg

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvr3i-JWSG4"]YouTube - The Goode Family...being good is hard these days.[/ame]

On Wednesday at 9 p.m., "The Goode Family" will have its premiere on ABC and become the first animated series on the network's prime-time lineup since 1995. . . . "Goode" lampoons a liberal Midwestern household. In "Goode," the characters are often mocked for being green just to fit in with their friends and neighbors. They are a perfect target for the 46-year-old Mr. Judge and his two longtime co-writers, John Altschuler and Dave Krinsky, who have made careers out of finding humor in the follies and pretensions of everyday people. . . .

"The Goode Family" came from an idea that Mr. Altschuler had while on vacation. Mr. Altschuler's wife observed how difficult it was to "be good"—i.e., environmentally responsible. That became the central premise for the Goode Family. Mr. Judge, who says he was inspired by the mellow tones of National Public Radio hosts, provides the voice of the bicycle-riding college administrator Mr. Goode.
    Can't wait for this. So in the meantime, here's a clip of the guys hilariously describing the Goode's. It's a must watch:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKRUgzmkQk0"]YouTube - Trying Hard 5-27 - The Goode Family[/ame]

Top Bottom