Can you 'survive' 72 hours -OR- will you just whine the whole time?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    My subdivision will have to degenerate into sectarian violence before I will even bat an eye.:D

I agree with 4Sarge though. 72 hours in urban America is far different than 72 hours in the countryside. 72 hours (given general attitude of alot of city folks) is ad-infinitum, aka, lets go loot the Wilsons, they have food. Disgusting how people that consider themselves more civilized due to Starbucks, SUVs and Cable TV become nothing but animals when even the most unnecessary of items becomes something to kill over. That be the case, then they arent neighbors, co-workers, occasional conversations anymore, they are animals and to be treated as such.

What, What, DH and I agree on something, Heavens to Murgatroyd, The World must be Ending :D

Max Volume

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    72 hours would be a piece of cake. The power was out that long here about a year ago.

After living out of a kayak several times for 8 to 10 days at a time in total wilderness (Isle Royale National Park) I have all I need including a water purifier. The only problem was getting ice to keep the beer cold. :lmfao:

dclaarjr

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Fremont, Ohio
    I've got a small generator that is big enough to run my furnace, fridge, freezer, and a light or two. I don't keep much gasoline sitting around, but we have 4 vehicles we own plus my work van. I'm sure I could keep the generator running for awhile.

Cooking food is a breeze. I have a gas grill and never have less than 2 tanks of gas for it. Right now I have 4 ready to go.

72 hours would be a piece of cake.

scor5150pio

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2008
    Central Indiana
    I think we have enough supplies to last at home for 30 days as far as food goes. I admit I need to do more towrds water storage. Probably only good for a week or so. Longer if rationed. We have MREs and Datrex water pouches for a week if we have to leave the house.

I've always been of the opinion that if I store enough weapons and ammo I can eat the neighbors food before I get into my canned goods...lol

Warwagon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    NW Indiana
    72 hours would be pretty easy. We live in the snow belt in Indiana and are ready for much much longer, summer or winter.

The neighbors I worry about....

Royal-1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Noblesville
    That is a joke, right?

If not, that's a bad plan. :noway:

I sure was hoping it was a joke too; it does take some hard reflection to understand just how wrong it would be. I am a Christian and understanding this concept was even hard for me. But I do get it now; I will give till it hurts and then some, but do not try to take what is not yours. Stealing is still stealing no matter what the circumstances are. that is why it is best to be like the ant and not the grasshopper. That is what this forum is for, helping us to learn from each other, sharing strategies, and being prepared for the future.

Cheers

southin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2008
    Southern IN.
    Stored, bottled water, purification means to use 125g aquarium in a pinch, home canned, and store bought canned goods lining basement shelves, small 1k generator, camping eqpt. for cooking.
    Unload the "main" food items from the main fridge to the basement smaller one running on the generator. Ammo for weapons. Chainsaw. Cordless sawzall. Various light option from recharge battery, camping fuel, low wattage CF elec. etc.
    Yeah, we'd be alright for some time.
    Maybe only needing gas if the 10 stored gallons ran out along with siphoning one vehicle dry (another 17 gallons) and the lawn eqpt.

Top Bottom