• ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Try this!

How smart is your right foot?

I could not believe it until I tried it!

It is from an orthopaedic surgeon . . . this will boggle your mind and you will keep trying over and over again to see if you can outsmart your foot, but you cannot. It's pre-programmed in your brain!

1. WITHOUT anyone watching you (they will think you are goofy) and while sitting where you are at your desk in front of your computer, lift your right foot off the floor and make clockwise circles.

2. Now, while doing this draw the number '6' in the air with your right hand. Your foot will change direction. I told you so! And there is nothing you can do about it! Before the day is done you are going to try it again, if you have not done so already.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I had no problem. Must just be you.

Here's another fun exercise: With your right hand, draw circles in the air perpendicular to your body (for example, starting at your chin, brushing down your chest, then back up away from your body). With the other hand, do the same thing, but in the opposite direction. Your reaction will be to do them both in the same direction but you'll think it's opposite. Take a closer look and make sure you're doing it right. Try doing it with the circles parallel to your body; it's much easier that way.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    LOL I did it while trying to do this too...

CLICK ON THE BALL AND IT WILL CHANGE COLOR.
    (It can be done)

Click here: Ball

AND YES! IT REALLY CAN BE DONE!!! Natalie couldn't do it but I did it! :p

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I had no problem. Must just be you.

Here's another fun exercise: With your right hand, draw circles in the air perpendicular to your body (for example, starting at your chin, brushing down your chest, then back up away from your body). With the other hand, do the same thing, but in the opposite direction. Your reaction will be to do them both in the same direction but you'll think it's opposite. Take a closer look and make sure you're doing it right. Try doing it with the circles parallel to your body; it's much easier that way.

That is impossible! LOL

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    That is impossible! LOL

No, it's not. It's a training exercise and it will teach your brain to function on more than one level. Anyone who has taken any self-defense or martial arts will be able to do it with little trouble.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash

You mean like "wax on, wax off" at the same time? ;)

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Had to do some investigating about this... I'm fascinated with how the brain works and doesn't work in some people...

Found this here...
    While sitting, lift your right foot off the floor and make clockwise circles.Now while doing this draw the number six in the air with your right hand.Your foot will change direction and there is nothing you can do about it.Why does this happen?

THIS effect is partly due to the normal difference in height betweenhand and foot.That difference,in conjunction with gravity and the earth’s rotation,is enough to affect the body’s highly sensitive limb rotation mechanisms.If you eliminate this difference (for instance,by lying down and holding your right leg and arm at about the same height),your right foot will be unaffected.However, if you reverse this height difference (for instance,by positioning your right leg above your head and your right hand nearer the floor),the effect will be even more marked.This is probably because,with this posture,your head is in a silly position too.

Top Bottom