• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    Ya know, being near Purdue (dang near on campus at work) I hear a lot of "There's nothing to do in Indiana, you HAVE to go to She-Caag-Oh to have fun.."

I dunno, but Chicago fun just isn't worth being unarmed in my book..

Rattlesnake46319

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008
    Jefferson County, MO
    I doubt Illinois State Police will be able (though they may attempt) to confiscate a weapon being transported through the state under "Peaceable Journey" laws. Even through and around Chicago. There are far too many military personnel who are gun owners. It's a discrimination lawsuit waiting to happen. As far as stopping a vehicle with pro-gun stickers, we'll see what happens when I come home on leave in December. Pickup truck+IN plates+NRA sticker = juicy target for police in Cook County.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I doubt Illinois State Police will be able (though they may attempt) to confiscate a weapon being transported through the state under "Peaceable Journey" laws. Even through and around Chicago. There are far too many military personnel who are gun owners. It's a discrimination lawsuit waiting to happen. As far as stopping a vehicle with pro-gun stickers, we'll see what happens when I come home on leave in December. Pickup truck+IN plates+NRA sticker = juicy target for police in Cook County.

The key with the transportation laws is that your gun must be legal in your destination. If you drive to Chicago and then return home you have not journeyed through Chicago, you have journeyed to Chicago.

mconley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 17, 2008
    Hendricks Co.
    My friend, not knowing that his license to carry was not good in that god forbidden state, carried and got pulled over. They slapped him with a Class B felony and locked him up for 24hrs before letting him bond out. Luckly the cop never cited him for speending and the case was dropped on a technacality. After another long 4 month legal battle, due to the pd not giving a recipt for the weapon, he got his gun back

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Boy, you'd think Barack Hussein Obama would have fought to change that when he was in the IL legislature. I guess he's not a pro-gun as we thought! ;)

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    Boy, you'd think Barack Hussein Obama would have fought to change that when he was in the IL legislature. I guess he's not a pro-gun as we thought! ;)

I'm sure he did! After all he did say that he supported the 2nd Amendment right? And if he said that then it must be true!

Top Bottom