Can someone in Boone County explain this?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    You assume the average citizen actually watches the news and knows what is going on.

I'd bet if you were able to poll those 60 they most likely had no idea this was a thing. I know I hadnt heard the story about him until after he had the 60 votes. :dunno:

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    How many people actually know what's going on with candidates for Township Board? My primary ballot had a list of three names for one office and it said, "choose up to three candidates." :dunno:

My guess is it's people just checking boxes rather than researching the best person for the job.

Dcamp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2021
    Boone county
    https://www.indystar.com/story/news...n-township-indiana-primary-winner/9659893002/

The guy's charged with killing his wife, butstill gets 60 votes in the primary?

WTF is going on down there?
    Oh this county as all messed up. It's not just this. Current sheriff is accused of misconduct IMO our mayor is trying to turn a small town into the next Carmel. Fire departments playing politics instead of just coming together to serve and protect the community. I grew up here and now can't wait to get away

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    3 men filling 3 slots. One vote each would have voted in all three.

That said, his conviction will negate him from taking office. A slick defense may have been able to lesser charge the throwing of the flower pot, but hiding and disposing of the body is completely damning.

tackdriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    Mark Hall just secured a spot on the Hamilton County Counsel... and he'll actually be able take office.

This doesn't surprise me at all. :wallbash:

tackdriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    I knew Nikki, the wife. The full back story on this is truly a sad tale. I hope this POS enjoys being the wife in lock up.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Here's more about it...

An Indiana farmer has been charged with the murder of his wife who had just finished her chemotherapy after surviving breast cancer.

Elizabeth ‘Nikki’ Wilhoite, 41, was hit with a “gallon-size cement flower pot” in her face allegedly by her husband Andrew Wilhoite, after she sought a divorce over his affair, according to a probable-cause affidavit filed in the case.

Elizabeth submitted her petition for legal separation in Boone County Circuit Court on March 18, the same day her husband celebrated her last round of chemotherapy.

“Andrew stated that he refused to sign the documents without his own attorney reviewing it,” the affidavit added.

He said that Elizabeth started yelling at him during the argument and accused her of “physically striking” him before “he picked up a cement, gallon-sized flower pot that had dirt in it and struck Elizabeth in the face”, the affidavit said.

Top Bottom