• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    MOST gun shows, even here in Indiana, prohibit lawful LTCH holders from carrying at the show. Apparently, the gun show lurkers don't have a problem with THAT.

LOTS of folks on INGO yell and scream about their 2nd Amendment 'rights', bash this or that law, or this or that LEO, or this or that guy, but have NO issue being prohibited from carrying at their favorite gun show.
    The epitome of hypocrisy, and MUCH worse than any rhetoric expounded by Feinstein or her cronies.

Or gun shops. I won't spend a dime in a gun store that doesn't allow loaded holstered weapons for that exact reason. I don't expect a restaurant or movie theater to care about my right to carry. I *do*expect a store that will actually sell me a gun and bullets to trust me to carry that item. If you don't trust me with it, you shouldn't sell it to me. The "its insurance" argument is complete BS, as there are plenty of gun stores that *do* allow carry.

Hypocrisy at its highest level, I will sell you this to have around other people, but you can't have it around me.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    And.............

Take the dumbest, most moronic, most idiotic dumbass :nuts: you have ever met in your life...the kind of guy that swears up and down that "they're gonna end Lifetime LTCH's!!", thinks Pro-wrestling is 100% real :rolleyes: and actually PAYS money :spend: to go see that :bs:, thinks that unmodified M-14/M1-A's and AK-47 clones take the exact same 7.62 ammo... :n00b:

Take and lobotomize him, make him watch MSNBC till he believes it 100%, *then* make him 10,000 times even MORE of a stupid imbecile...the resulting 'special one' will still not be anywhere near the level of sub-molecular STUPID of some of the walking train wrecks that will attend a gun show. Do you really want That Guy carrying a loaded firearm in a crowded place??!? :dunno:

:twocents:...

:popcorn:

He also has a LTCH and frequents INGO. What makes matters worse is he thinks he's the safe guy and continually demands "his right" to carry on somebody else's property! :dunno: :twocents:+:twocents: :dunno:

historian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    SD by residency, Hoosier by heart
    Some interesting answers. I get the whole stupid people armed in a crowd, but stupid people go places every day and walk amongst you all the time. I would like to think if said stupid person started unholsting a firearm, the crowed he is amongst would very swiftly educate him/her. Could be wrong though, have never attended one.

The problem with the loaded guns in a crowd is that at, say, the 1500, there are thousands of people with guns. When someone pulls out a gun, who knows if it is loaded or what the person's intent is. In a mall, people aren't constantly pulling out guns and waving them around, so if someone pulls one out, it becomes more alarming. Last 1500 I went to, I was looking for a holster, so I pulled my gun about a half dozen times at different venues.

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    I understand what Scutter01 is saying. To a point I do agree with him. The problem is that I have just ran in to so many dumb people. Now I am not the sharpest knife in the case but I am a hell of a lot better off than some.

Do I think everyone should be aloud to carry? Hell No! There are some people out there that just don't think. They need a keeper! Yes I know they past a test and was able to hit a target with there carry gun. That don't give me a warm and fuzzy feeling knowing some of the people that have permits.

As for the gun show. There are people getting shot and no guns there are to be loaded. So how are people getting shot? The one guy claimed that some one had to put a shell in to cause the discharge. No kidding? I thought it just jumped into that gun because it knew that was where it belonged. You have to keep an eye on them smart bullets.

I try to stay away form crowds. People in droves scare me, you never know what will spook the herd and when they get spooked they are hard to control. So for me the best thing to do is stay away from the herd. Just think of the carnage if someone started shooting at a gun show and most people were carrying at it. You wouldn't have to worry about the law taking our guns away. They could just wait around for us to do our selves in.

I know in a perfect world we all could carry. No, in a perfect world no one would have to carry but we would be able to if we wanted to. People we don't live in a perfect world and that is why we need to carry. If you can get the guns away from the crooks and mentally ill I will give up carrying. We all know that isn't going to happen. So to try and protect our selves and our loved ones we carry and train with a gun.

In a perfect world I would still shoot but I don't think I would carry. It is a pan most of the time and I don't even like to carry coins in my pocket.

The constitution gives us the rite to carry. The laws dictate how, when and who can carry. If we are good and fight hard maybe our grandkids will still have the same rites we have.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    I think the string pullers at the NRA are no different than any of your average politicians. They have bodyguards, live in walled compounds, and are basically disconnected from REAL life.

The reason we keep moving farther and farther away from what the common person wants, in this country. Is because the people who make all the decisions live elitist lives.

dmarsh8

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Katmandu
    agreed gun shows are a waste anyway, drive there pay to get in, crowds, usually not good prices.
    I like Plainfield shooting supplies motto, the place people come after a gun show!!

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    I think the string pullers at the NRA are no different than any of your average politicians. They have bodyguards, live in walled compounds, and are basically disconnected from REAL life.

The reason we keep moving farther and farther away from what the common person wants, in this country. Is because the people who make all the decisions live elitist lives.

Or you can cut all the lib speak and just admit whoever owns the building sets the rules. ;)

Rock99and9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    East Central Indiana
    During my last trip to a gunshow I thought about this. As I waited in line as they zip-tied the guns in front of me, I wondered why of all places you couldn't have a loaded gun here. (Also that they had used armed off duty police officers working the door.)

I was there to hopefully find and get the feel of a gun I hadn't been able to find in any of the local shops. Had shot a friends larger model Glock, but want to feel the compact version. I found the gun from several different vendors and struck up a conversation with one and eventually bought it from him. He pointed me to a couple of friends booths to look at holsters and ammo. (This was BEFORE last December and the current weirdness going on the gun trade business.)

I now had in my possession a gun, ammunition, and even a holster to carry it. As I continued to walk the isles, nobody stopped me and demanded the gun be locked or zip-tied. No one even questioned if it was loaded or not. (I was stopped several times with offers to buy the gun, one was $100.00 more than I paid. ???? Then I saw first hand the gunshow loophole the Lib media keeps pointing out.) I suppose if I had stopped and loaded the magazines, racked the slide and strapped it to my belt, maybe I would have been stopped. But I could have done that in a restroom also and nobody the wiser.

In any case, when you have that many people, that many guns, that much time, unloading and "safeing" guns as they walk in the door seems pretty pointless to me.

Top Bottom