• Status
    Not open for further replies.

kyle1058

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2009
    Noble County
    If a current LTCH holder were to get a DUI, while carrying a valid LTCH, and convicted of a DUI while posessing a LTCH and/or firearm, would this invalidate or require a return of the LTCH? (Under 35-47-1-2 i belive)?
    Or would a first offense, which is classified as a misdemeanor, allow the person to continue holding the LTCH without returning it (not allowing the class A misdemeanor of not returning it), due to it being a misdemeanor and not a felony, or would it apply to the alcohol abuse and/or "of which resulted in conviction by a court or treatment in an alcohol abuse facility within three (3) years prior to the date of the application.", due to the proper person claus of IC 35-47-1-7?

Per Indiana state law, if a person holding a LTCH does not remain a proper person per 35-47-1-7, then the LTCH should be revoked and returned. Does a misdemeanor DUI qualify as that, seeing as it is alcohol "abuse" and could/will require classes on alcohol abuse?

Last edited:

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    For a first time offense they won't take your license. I had a dui and two months later went and renewed my permit that had expired. Although it took a little longer to get it back(because of the experation) it went through without any problems. As long as you don't get two within a three year period it's all good.

Mikeh82

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Just wondering.. Have you learned anything from this DUI? Are you going to do it again? I am just asking.. There are several people out there that have a LTCH and a Drivers L. That should get both of them revoked. I hope you are not one of them.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    I dont know if you need a LTCH if your not competant enough to keep from driving under the influence of alcohol. I know it might sound harsh, but you have to admit I have a point.

If nothing else, learn from this. Dont be a * again. Ever.

Last edited by a moderator:

ryanbr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Logansport
    Sorry wont be any sympathy from me either. Learn from your screw ups. The next time it maybe my family member, your family member or any one on this forum or thier family member that ends up dead. Way to easy to get a DD and not drive drunk.

fpdshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Fishers
    If you are not responsible enought not to drink and drive, then you are not responsible enough for a LTCH, it is as simple as that.

I'm sorry if it seems harsh, but play by big boy rules.

Grow up (mature) then ask the same question, especially after getting arrested twice for the same offense!

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008

OC or CC?

Did you educate the sheeple and represent for all us gun owners?

Gee, thats interesting. I've owned several AR's and im under 21... I never shot anyone, maybe a few groundhogs...

If I'm reading your comments correctly from the AR Builders Under 21 thread just three days ago you aren't even old enough to drink at all and you've already got a DUI with two weapons on you?

I'm not normally shy but I don't even want to post what I'm thinking right now. I bet you've got a good idea what it is though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom