Calling all plumbers! I need toilet advice.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimmythang

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    Any of you guys/gals had any issues with the American Standard Champion 4?
    I am looking at the elongated bowl for $188 at Menards.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    We replaced one of our bowls with a similar model. They tend to clog up a bit much for my taste. Wish my wife had kept the 25 year old one, frankly. YMMV.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    My dufus son put something down one of the toilets that wouldn't come out, but it was a good excuse to replace the short (standard) one with a regular (elongated) one. I seriously hate short toilets, and had used that bathroom about 5 times in 17 years. Now it's my regular one. I don't recall it costing that much, but all I was buying was the bowl. I reused the real tank rather than mess with that low flow crap. I don't remember the model, but this thing can flush a bucket of golf balls.

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    I replaced my toilets with the Kohler elongated ones from lowes. They have been GREAT toilets and have only had one stopage. My 4 year old thought she could flush tennis balls. /poopthread

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    Sort of a threadjack, but I would never buy anything American Standard again. I bought a kitchen faucet for our Michigan house by American Standard. Had to drive 70 miles round trip to exchange it because the threaded metal mounting stem that accepts the single mounting nut was threaded into a plastic sleeve that let go during the mounting process. Terrible design as the sleeve could have easily been made of metal. No more American Standard anything for me.

RugerRog

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Indy
    Toto Drake is really good, and not cheap. I think we paid around 300 for it a few years ago. While researching I found this website, a plumber who rates toilets, and they have a forum. Lol. My Mom has a champion 4 and it seems to work well, been trouble free for the 2 years she's owned it.

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    :puke: Thanks for sharing...

ubn-040_1z.jpg

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    We have a Toto (standard height) in our second bathroom....the kids' bathroom. Hopefully nothing they put down it will choke it.

For the MBR, we got an "accessible height" commode. Look for a tall terlet. You can thank me later.

-J-

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I've had great experience with Mansfield toilets, they can be had at Lee Supply (yes they sell to the public)
    In my 27 years as a Maint. tech, both residential and commercial/industrial, when/if they stop up, they will not overflow.
    So that is what sold me on Mansfield years ago, when I was doing apt. maint. on the south side of Indy.

jimmythang

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    I have heard good things about toto but couldnt find anyone locally that carried it. I have the champion 4 in my garage but would buy a toto if I could find one.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I bought a Lowes house brand model that has a taller seat, much deeper bowl, HUGE opening for waste, and a powerful flush system with 2.0 gallon flushes. Lowe's said it is their best model for avoiding plunging. I am installing one today. I have a couple boys that are going to be huge, and one can already bring toilets to their knees. I bought 3 of them to replace......guess what......American Standards that have to be plunged daily.

I'll report back on how they perform, but they look like they can take the big load. I was thinking they'd sell the hell out of them if they called them "The Big Gulp!"

Top Bottom