• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zephri

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Indianapolis, Northside.
    You mean the hammer of justice device is broken on them? darn who would've thought....

Oh a more serous note I laugh every time I see those silly call boxes, I mean really you'd be better off if you just kept running to the police station.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    As if it would have made any difference whether the call box actually worked or not . . .

And, I can see why this hasn't been a top priority these days when nearly everyone and his brother has a cell phone, INCLUDING many "homeless" people one sees.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    You can bet somebody with city connections got a fat contract to install those boxes and an even fatter contract to maintain them. Considering how the system works I would be surprised to learn that they had even been tested since installation while somebody is getting checks every month.

Any bets on if the name of the contractor/maintainence company ever comes to light? It would be good for taxpayers to know who made the decisions as well.

Indy gets more like Chicago every day.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    What is scary is that on a campus visit with my daughter the tour guide went on and on about all the call boxes around campus. He even said that the campus police would arrive within 5 minutes.

Needless to say that my daughter and I will have a long talk about situational awareness and other campus specific topics before she start next year.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    The university put those in several years ago. Not cheap! The faulted on routinely, and occasionally did not trip when you pushed the button. To top it off, they rang the university security dispatch, rather than 911. I certainly wouldn't have counted on them.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    You mean the hammer of justice device is broken on them? darn who would've thought....

Oh a more serous note I laugh every time I see those silly call boxes, I mean really you'd be better off if you just kept running to the police station.

Is there anyone available at the Police station when you get there?:dunno:

Every time I drive past the Speedway Police station, after dark, it looks deserted. Of course, since Speedway isn't a city park, you are allowed to defend yourself.:yesway:

Top Bottom