• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jndturner

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 13, 2013
    Noblesville, IN
    This one looks similar to the stores in Louisville and Bowling Green KY. I travel a fair amount and stop in whenever I can. Cabelas seems to be going away from the massive stores and putting in these smaller versions. I'm hopeful that they will give the other big box stores more competition.

VSP1340

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 18, 2013
    Greenwood
    I'm sure the city leaders in Greenwood are scratching their heads. Cabela's backed out of their deal to build in Greenwood (if I remember correctly they cited the economy) just a few years ago and handed the land back to the developers (just off exit 101, I65). Bummer for us folks down here.

Echelon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    I'm sure the city leaders in Greenwood are scratching their heads. Cabela's backed out of their deal to build in Greenwood (if I remember correctly they cited the economy) just a few years ago and handed the land back to the developers (just off exit 101, I65). Bummer for us folks down here.

No head scratching needed. The money is on the north side. I wish more nice development like this would down south though.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    I drove by it over the weekend and its coming along nicely.
    Its right next to the movie theater at Hamilton Town Center.
    My guess is that they will open by Labor Day
    cant wait!!

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    Thank God!
    No more Dick's and Gander Mountain gift cards at Christmas.
    I do a few trips to and through Grand Rapids every year and always find time to stop in their Cabela's to inch myself ever closer to poverty. It'll be nice only having a 10 minute drive to get to one.
    I doubt I'd ever buy a handgun there, I reserve those purchases for my LGS....................See ya soon M&J.

tat2clod

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 18, 2012
    I have went to a few in other areas of the country there selection and ability to see what your getting is worth the price in my opinion.I have acquired a couple of shotguns through the gun library with good results on both,I'm in Bloomington and go to the Louisville store if close enough sure it will be welcomed by some and hated by others

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 8, 2013
    Fortville
    I drive by there everyday!!! I didn't realize that was going to be a Cabelas. Well, beginning next fall, I forsee a lot of flat tires in my future causing me to be late dinner after work. Going to be nice to have another option than GM. Fall can't come soon enough.

Packrat67

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Greenwood
    After the way these guys screwed Greenwood. No way that I would walk across the street to spend my money there. May be more money on the North side, more sportsmen and shooters on the South side. This is great news for G M and the Dicks in Greenwood Park Mall.

ratames

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012

There's money down south, we just prefer to save it.

TwinTurbo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Under pressure with two snails
    I can't help but to laugh at the ignorant comments being made towards Hamilton County and its residents. Stay classy!

I'm definitely looking forward to Cabelas. I refuse to shop at Dick's, and Gander Mountain has the worst customer service I've ever had to endure.

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    After the way these guys screwed Greenwood. No way that I would walk across the street to spend my money there. May be more money on the North side, more sportsmen and shooters on the South side. This is great news for G M and the Dicks in Greenwood Park Mall.

Have you seen any statistics, surveys or studies on this? Would enjoy reading the articles/links.

TwinTurbo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Under pressure with two snails
    Have you seen any statistics, surveys or studies on this? Would enjoy reading the articles/links.

Look, we don't need to worry about empirical evidence in this thread. It's way more fun to just make negative comments regarding people based on their geographic location. Implied purple...

If you'll excuse me, I need to go spend all of the money I make because I am incapable of saving any.

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Alright, I didn't know much about the business dealings but I took the time today to read some articles. What I've read, it sounds like Cabela's purchased 120+ acres of land along I-65 in Greenwood in 2007 with the expectations of building a store on that land and selling or leasing excess acreage to other businesses who would follow Cabela's lead. However, two years later, the economy was at a very low point, and Cabela's backed out of the project and sold their land to other investors. During that economic downturn, Cabela's changed their business model slightly by building smaller stores and only acquiring enough acreage for just their store.

Now, fast forward to 2012, where Cabela's wants to get back in the Indianapolis market, and they find 4+ acres up off of I-69 and now have one of their smaller store concepts almost built.

I just don't know how anyone can feel that Cabela's did something wrong here. The economy shrank. Cabela's responded by changing their business model.

radar44

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    noblesville
    I could see a day when Cabela's buys just 4 + acres on the south side and sets up a shop . It's all about timing and money .

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    I live on the south side. I am disappointed that they moved north but I don't blame them. They are in it for the money. I want them to succeed so I can get great deals. I will gladly drive up north to spend my money and then spend even more for lunch or dinner at all the great locations to eat up there.

I had my first new home built by cp Morgan on the south side and at the same time a buddy of mine had one built by cp Morgan in fishers. Cost was about the same and about the same square footage. When I went to sell that house 5 years ago I lost about 20k to get rid of it while my buddies house went up in value and would now sell for about $50k more.

Top Bottom