• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    I don’t see a thread on this already, which is surprising, so I’m starting this one

SB2 essentially tries to wordsmith an end-run around Bruen by defining pretty much everywhere in public as a “sensitive place“. Note that this rolled back the ability to carry in public that had existed previously up until the law was enacted. Previously If you had a carry permit in California, you could carry on in a number of places affected by this law.

May v Bonta and Catallero (sp?) v Bonta won injunctions against the law in fed district court.

The state of California got the ninth circuit to issue an administrative stay against the injunction(s). Even though the injunction actually preserved the status quo while the law was being litigated.

The stay was referred to a three member merit panel for further consideration. That panel has now dissolved the stay, so the injunction is now in effect and permit holders can carry the same as they always have while the law is being litigated. Curiously, the panel vote seem to be 2 to 0, because apparently one of the members was absent but I guess it didn’t matter since the two remaining ones voted together to dissolve the stay.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Isn't this the same as what NY has done/is doing when forced to issue permits? I think, in the end, this will be shut down by SCOTUS. It doesn't make sense that they'll come down saying you have to issue permits and then allow states to do this type of an end run around the decision. Not sure how long it'll take, but that's my :twocents:

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Nope, they do not care what the courts say. They will simply introduce more and slightly different legislation in an attempt to criminalize citizens attempting to defend themselves.
    reminds me of when we were training our Border Collie as a puppy. She would do something. You stop and correct her. She'd sit there for a minute and then do the thing again, but a little differently. Stop and correct her. She'd sit for a second looking at you and then whatever it was she was doing, then try again, but again not the same way. I swear to God that dog tested my patience to the limit but unlike these ****ing ***holes I adored her.

Top Bottom