Buying and selling contender and encore barrels ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    Since the barrels are interchangeable within each model, most of the sales are online thru Midway, Natchez, or some other vendor or website. Are you looking for something in particular?

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I have a guy in zanesville Ohio.
    Dixie Longshot owned by don and Dixie Paul. If you just need barrels they ship easy.

Since this is a public forum PM me and I can send you his email and phone number. Or you can google what I placed here.

They advertise themselves as a Thompson center recycling center. He almost always has Thompson center barrels that are unusual ones. Normal ones also. They normally only carry tc branded ones he said the others just don’t sell well. I think he has about 4 8 foot tables of TC items at the Ohio gun collectors show. I have got some unusual items from him.

MGM makes barrels for if you need something made from unobtainium. They are quality barrels. Caliber length twist muzzle breaks ect all available. Bull berry used to make the best aftermarket barrels and I think they are still around. Fox ridge used to make barrels and there are others also. Ebco and bellm make good ones also. Collectors normally stick to TC branded barrels but with 86 calibers made in just contenders when the one to round out a collection comes up they can bring stupid money.

Once again if it is a shooter and you can not find a TC branded one get an aftermarket. I am looking for a super 16 22 LR Match and have been for over 10 years. Super 14 22 match stainless no problem (less made that a super 16 match also. 18 inch sporter contour not problem. 21 in bull barrel no problem 23 inch 22 lr match not problem. Super 16 22 LR match is unobtainable.

I was lucky and got the bug for TC early. My third pistol was a TC frame. Pistol barrels then were 135-150 dollars. Frames were 150 ish with grips.

I trade if you have a super 16 LR match.

longbowhunter

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Avon
    I have a guy in zanesville Ohio.
    Dixie Longshot owned by don and Dixie Paul. If you just need barrels they ship easy.

Since this is a public forum PM me and I can send you his email and phone number. Or you can google what I placed here.

They advertise themselves as a Thompson center recycling center. He almost always has Thompson center barrels that are unusual ones. Normal ones also. They normally only carry tc branded ones he said the others just don’t sell well. I think he has about 4 8 foot tables of TC items at the Ohio gun collectors show. I have got some unusual items from him.

MGM makes barrels for if you need something made from unobtainium. They are quality barrels. Caliber length twist muzzle breaks ect all available. Bull berry used to make the best aftermarket barrels and I think they are still around. Fox ridge used to make barrels and there are others also. Ebco and bellm make good ones also. Collectors normally stick to TC branded barrels but with 86 calibers made in just contenders when the one to round out a collection comes up they can bring stupid money.

Once again if it is a shooter and you can not find a TC branded one get an aftermarket. I am looking for a super 16 22 LR Match and have been for over 10 years. Super 14 22 match stainless no problem (less made that a super 16 match also. 18 inch sporter contour not problem. 21 in bull barrel no problem 23 inch 22 lr match not problem. Super 16 22 LR match is unobtainable.

I was lucky and got the bug for TC early. My third pistol was a TC frame. Pistol barrels then were 135-150 dollars. Frames were 150 ish with grips.

I trade if you have a super 16 LR match.
    I would also like to find a Super 16 .22 match :)

jy951

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Feb 18, 2009
    The new tc barrels have really dried up online since tc is on the market to be sold. No shops up here in the nw corner that I'm aware of. Just an occasional used gun at gun shops.

Jmreese54

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2022
    Franklin
    Ive got a stock, forend and barrel for .223 somewhere deep in the safe if anyone interested. Ive always kept it in the .308 win pistol configuration and have taken a few nice bucks with it. Was my primary gun before they allowed high powered rifles.

Top Bottom