• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    Got a chance to buy a stripped lower from a friend for a good price. Question I have is this, he is in the Marines and him and a buddy bought 10 of them when stationed in California. They went thru the background check and waiting period and have the lowers in their possession.

When he returns to California can he mail/ship the lower directly to me? He's wondering if there is any special regulation/law in California restricting any such sale even if out of state. Is it 'legal' to use the USPS to ship a stripped lower?

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    I think shipping by fedex or ups would be more efficient and probably easier. I'm pretty sure it would have to be shipped to an FFL for a transfer since it's an out of state firearm sale... however if you delete this thread you can plead ignorance!

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Involve state line = ship to a FFL on the receiver's end

Don't know why Cali would have anything against shipping firearms out of their state, but a call to California Bureau of Firearms on Tuesday wouldn't be a bad idea IMO

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    I think shipping by fedex or ups would be more efficient and probably easier. I'm pretty sure it would have to be shipped to an FFL for a transfer since it's an out of state firearm sale... however if you delete this thread you can plead ignorance!

I've had problems using Fedex in the past. Smith & Wesson sent me a Fedex shipping label to send a Bodyguard .380 back for repairs. Fedex refused to ship it. I don't know which, USPS, Fedex, UPS, etc... would be the best/easiest/less hassle way. Guess I should talk to my FFL guy...

I wasn't sure if it had to go thru an FFL or not, thanks for that info.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Involve state line = ship to a FFL on the receiver's end

Don't know why Cali would have anything against shipping firearms out of their state, but a call to California Bureau of Firearms on Tuesday wouldn't be a bad idea IMO

My buddy was wondering if he should have the dealer they bought them from in California ship it to an FFL holder here. Sounds like that might be the way to go to keep things on the up & up...

Top Bottom