• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • westside bengal

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Like almost everyone else around here I want a few bricks of 22lr. Mine is for the grandkids. But I am not paying $50 a brick either.

Since it is for the kids there have even been a few guys that have offered free ammo or at least at regular Walmart prices. I really appreciate their generosity but so far I have declined. I hate to take another man's ammo for nothing in return.

One thing I have thought about is this. Here in my area of Indiana at the Walmarts, farm stores, etc I still don't see any 22lr's at least in bulk packs. I do see a few in 50 round packs but it is rare.

But I have been seeing 9mm Federal and some Federal 45 ACP along with some Winchester. I also see some rifle calibers too.

My question is this, are these still rare enough that I should buy these and hopefully trade for the 22LR? I am not looking for a second career. Or to gouge or be gouged.

I am just wondering if it is something I should consider.

Joe G

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    SE Indiana
    Sure. There are many WTT ads in the classified area where people want to trade one caliber for another.

I wouldn't go out and buy 1000 rounds... but a box or 2 wouldn't hurt to try and see what kind of trade you could find.

Silver-z28

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Henry County
    Anything in the 308,9mm,40,45,380,38 are still a bit hard to come by 223 and 5.56 are sitting on the shelf here even some of the mentioned calibers in tula are as well but more than likly you snag a box or 2 of the said calibers and you will prob get someone to trade ya. Good luck

JasonB

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2013
    Pittsboro, IN
    Like almost everyone else around here I want a few bricks of 22lr. Mine is for the grandkids. But I am not paying $50 a brick either.

Since it is for the kids there have even been a few guys that have offered free ammo or at least at regular Walmart prices. I really appreciate their generosity but so far I have declined. I hate to take another man's ammo for nothing in return.

One thing I have thought about is this. Here in my area of Indiana at the Walmarts, farm stores, etc I still don't see any 22lr's at least in bulk packs. I do see a few in 50 round packs but it is rare.

But I have been seeing 9mm Federal and some Federal 45 ACP along with some Winchester. I also see some rifle calibers too.

My question is this, are these still rare enough that I should buy these and hopefully trade for the 22LR? I am not looking for a second career. Or to gouge or be gouged.

I am just wondering if it is something I should consider.

Even for most Ammo Flippers Winchester Whitebox 9mm (100pk) can usually be trades for 500-550 "value pack" bricks of .22lr... Based on previous Yalmart list pricing you'll be within $2-$3 cost wise between the 2 boxes.

Believe it or not seeing a lot more Arms List posts where actual shooters are starting to trade without as many Flippers jacking up their purchase prices 2 to 3 times so things are starting to get better.

danmrt868

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    ft. wayne
    I feel your pain. I have been trying to trade for some win m22 22lr for a while. Hasn't worked yet but maybe i will come across some soon. Trading is a good way to try and avoid the overpriced ammo. Good luck.

Top Bottom