• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SubUrbanCamo317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    South Side Indy
    I have a state compliant model rifle. (DCM-XR is the model number on the website) Its got the A2 stock, carry handle, 20 in long, 1 in diameter barrel without a flash hider, and the front sight does not have a bayonet lug. I was wondering if anyone can tell me if I can find a front sight with the bayonet lug and if I can have the barrel threaded for a flash hider? If its too much work or not worth the headache can anyone point me in the direction of where I can get a kit like Bushmaster # F1003566?

SubUrbanCamo317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    South Side Indy
    Is this the style gas block you are looking for?

DoubleStar A2 Front Sight Gas Block Bayonet Lug AR-15 LR-308 .625

The barrel can be threaded. One gunsmith that comes to mind is AllenM but there are many others.

Yes, thats the correct style. I just wanted to know about any specific problems I might run into. Can anybody refer me to someone that can give me a quote upon inspection? Does AllenM need an appointment? Is there a specfic gunsmith that specializes in AR's?

engineerpower

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jun 1, 2008
    State of Boone
    Both can be done yourself. The front sight is simply pinned on; drive out the pins and swap sights.

The barrel can be threaded by hand or machine. Best way would be to strip the barrel and have a buddy chuck it up in their lathe. Turning it will take 10 minutes. DIY would be to turn it down chucked in a drill press or with a file, then thread it with an appropriate die. CNC warrior sells really good taps, dies, and kits.

Top Bottom