• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • XMil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus
    I had a scope let go and the"Current estimated turn around times are 5-6 weeks."

Is this accurate, or are they setting expectations low? I already bought a replacement as it's prime seasons for keeping the baddies off of my martin houses. This is the down side of warranties, no matter how generous they are, you are deprived of the item for as long as they take to get around to it.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I had a scope let go and the"Current estimated turn around times are 5-6 weeks."

Is this accurate, or are they setting expectations low? I already bought a replacement as it's prime seasons for keeping the baddies off of my martin houses. This is the down side of warranties, no matter how generous they are, you are deprived of the item for as long as they take to get around to it.
    Not all warranties have that downside. If Vortex can't fix your scope in 1 week, they send you new, fix yours when they can, and call it a refurbished.

I've also had them overnight binos to customers hunting location, and have them return the broken ones when they get through with their hunt. They do take your CC info incase you decide not to return the broken ones, but it's never charged if you return the broken item in a timely manner

XMil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus
    Not all warranties have that downside. If Vortex can't fix your scope in 1 week, they send you new, fix yours when they can, and call it a refurbished.

I've also had them overnight binos to customers hunting location, and have them return the broken ones when they get through with their hunt. They do take your CC info incase you decide not to return the broken ones, but it's never charged if you return the broken item in a timely manner
    Now THAT is a warranty! Thank you for the info.

Last edited:

XMil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus
    I received my scope back from Burris. Not good. Sent in for not holding zero.

Distance: 50 yards.

Mfr: JSB Match Diablo
    Weight: 8.44 gr
    Cal: .177 cal
    Air Riflle: Diana 460 Magnum
    Mount: BLK Rimfire (mount stayed on rifle for scop swap).
    Groups shot back to back with time to swap scope between.

after.jpg Leupold.jpg

Top Bottom