• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BowhuntnHoosier

Angry Old Conservative Fart
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Terre Haute
    I know Glock says dont but....has anyone on here? What were the results? Does cleaning with a brush and Hoppes do a good job cleaning? Local Gun Shop told me it will be fine. Just clean with brush and cleaner. Thanks for advise.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    You mean reloads? I did a quick search for "Buffalo Bore" and it's a brand, so I'm a bit confused on your question.

If you are referring to reloads, there's a great video on Youtube about it. "Polygonal Rifling in Reloading Ammo For Glocks" by fortunecookie45LC. Very good information. I think the conclusion is "be aware" of what you're working with. There's also a related video about a guy blowing up his 10mm Glock. He surmised that the oversized chamber increases the risk of a heavy crimp headspacing incorrectly and actually causing the casing to enter the leade. He claims he was showing a friend how the dies worked and never reset afterward. I think his problem was more his own carelessness than the Glock barrel, but his hypothesis is very sound.

In case you're wondering, I reload for my G19 all the time, but use jacketed bullets. I think from these two videos, you can get a pretty good idea of what's happening. I saw reference to the "Glock smile" and case bulge. Been researching it myself for a while now. No so much of worry now that I have a Silencerco barrel.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    In case you're wondering, I reload for my G19 all the time, but use jacketed bullets. I think from these two videos, you can get a pretty good idea of what's happening. I saw reference to the "Glock smile" and case bulge. Been researching it myself for a while now. .

The Famous Glock Smile and Case Bulge ?? its from a unsupported chamber..

Many Shooters including myself have safely been shooting cast bullets from Glocks since Glock started selling pistols.
    You just have to keep a eye on if you have a leading problem..
    If any leading is noticed you gotta stop and do a cleaning. JMHO

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    It's OK, I'm pretty well versed on reloading.. I fully understand the issues at hand loading lead bullets and loading brass that has been fired in a non supported chamber.. But thank you..

Top Bottom