• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sensor5

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2012
    A friend of mine recently acquired a CZ 97B, which is next on my list to buy (the new model with the slim grips). I like to see how firearms work and have never had much problem completely disassembling and reassembling every firearm I own. Well, after field stripping his 97, I realized this handgun has FAR more parts than any other handgun I have ever seen. It seems to be a very complicated handgun. So many small parts. I searched You Tube, and every video I seen, no one is brave enough to completely disassemble their handgun.

Now, I know some are asking, "Why does he want to disassemble his CZ 97? That is an easy way to lose and damage parts." I agree, but I like to have the ability to troubleshoot problems and replace parts, if ever needed. I believe everyone should be familiar with the firearms.

Attachments

• 1287753396.jpg
      1287753396.jpg
      45.4 KB · Views: 13

sensor5

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2012
    I am not familiar to the 97B CM. What is the CM? I am relatively new to CZ.

I see Cajun Gun Works has an E version.

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    Be very careful when reassembling the sear cage because the firing pin block lifter arm spring (I nicknamed it the F--- M spring) is easy to lose and easy to damage. Also if you removed the trigger bar lifter spring it is difficult to get proper alignment of equal height on both sides riding in the grooves on the underside of the trigger bar and to make sure it has about 2-3 mm upward pressure.. As Cm mentioned go to CZ forum and under CZ Gunsmithing read a sticky by schmeky ( David from Cajun Gun Works) named smoothing the action. Good luck

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I am not familiar to the 97B CM. What is the CM? I am relatively new to CZ.

I see Cajun Gun Works has an E version.

I am the CM.....:):

I really like the 97b. Enough to step outside my 1911 comfort zone to own one. Well, 2 now as my son snatched up the 1st one.

Top Bottom