• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kedie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Southeast of disorder.
    Sounds like this is going to be a nice range. 25 yards, 12 lanes if I remember correctly. No caliber restrictions. $20 per hour. Most of the people who are concerned are mostly concerned with it's proximity to their houses. A lot of "I support you, but I don't want it by my house."

bb37

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    North of US40
    Good to meet some INGO members there.

The guy's plan is 12 lanes, 25 yards, HEPA filter exhaust system, professionallly-designed bullet box, solid concrete walls, steel ceiling, automatic paper target system, no caliber restrictions, bullet type restrictions (no incendiary rounds, no armor piercing rounds, etc.), no black powder, no muzzle loaders. The lanes will be separated into two groups of 6. Each group will have an RSO. They plan to offer classes. They plan to sell ammo and accessories and have rental guns available. Hours will probably run 'till 9-10 pm. Prices will be $20/hour with the possibility of memberships or loyalty discounts or something like that.

The property is at 462 Southpoint Circle in a building owned by Tony Pedregon (NHRA drag racer). For those not familiar with Brownsburg, this is an industrial park chock full of race shops. John Force Racing has a huge shop at Northfield Drive and Southpoint Circle.

This was an information meeting to let the neighbors and interested folks learn about the plans. They will need to secure a zoning variance from the Town of Brownsburg Board of Zoning Appeals. They have not yet filed for that variance. I think the earliest their variance could be heard is early April.

bb37

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    North of US40
    So, I drove over there after the meeting.

The north part of Pedregon's building is currently occupied. The south part is for lease, so I'm assuming that's where this range would be. If you look at the area on Google Earth, the part of Pedregon's building that the residences can see is the northwest corner. In other words, the opposite end of the building from where I think the range will be.

I understand the concerns raised by the residents, but I think they are being a little extreme.

Oh, one other thing about the building. Pedregon has the exterior of the building under video surveillance. Any shenanigans in the parking lot will be caught on camera. And the range users will not have access to the back parking lot. In other words, there will be a building between the parking lot and the residences.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Good to meet some INGO members there.

The guy's plan is 12 lanes, 25 yards, HEPA filter exhaust system, professionallly-designed bullet box, solid concrete walls, steel ceiling, automatic paper target system, no caliber restrictions, bullet type restrictions (no incendiary rounds, no armor piercing rounds, etc.), no black powder, no muzzle loaders. The lanes will be separated into two groups of 6. Each group will have an RSO. They plan to offer classes. They plan to sell ammo and accessories and have rental guns available. Hours will probably run 'till 9-10 pm. Prices will be $20/hour with the possibility of memberships or loyalty discounts or something like that.

The property is at 462 Southpoint Circle in a building owned by Tony Pedregon (NHRA drag racer). For those not familiar with Brownsburg, this is an industrial park chock full of race shops. John Force Racing has a huge shop at Northfield Drive and Southpoint Circle.

This was an information meeting to let the neighbors and interested folks learn about the plans. They will need to secure a zoning variance from the Town of Brownsburg Board of Zoning Appeals. They have not yet filed for that variance. I think the earliest their variance could be heard is early April.
    Sounds pretty similar to requirements for opening a range in Marion county.

bb37

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    North of US40
    All you INGO'ers who are Brownsburg residents, we need to keep this on our radar so we can show up at the BZA meeting if it ever comes to pass.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    All you INGO'ers who are Brownsburg residents, we need to keep this on our radar so we can show up at the BZA meeting if it ever comes to pass.
    Did you get the name/info of the guy(s) trying to open it? They should have been passing out info to engage the community and leave means for discussion and support.

bb37

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    North of US40
    The guy's name is Joe Sellmer. I don't think he was passing anything out with contact info, though I think I saw a couple of INGO'ers go up and talk to him after the meeting. Maybe one of them got his card.

Speedgelb986S

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Brownsburg
    I got his attorney's card and asked to be kept apprised of any hearings or other opportunities for the shooting community to get involved in supporting Mr. Sellmer's plans.

10-32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    B-Burg
    REALLY wish I would of heard about this sooner so I could of been there to show support. A range with in WALKING distance of home would be great!

grasshopperlegs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Cartersburg.
    I just saw the Video on tv6 about the concerns of the Shooting range indoors. I think it would be nice to have something other than going downtown Indy just to shoot. I live out in the country and I would like to shoot indoors in the winter. I have been to many indoor shooting ranges and if they are built right it would be a good thing for business in Brownsburg.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Sounds like this is going to be a nice range. 25 yards, 12 lanes if I remember correctly. No caliber restrictions. $20 per hour. Most of the people who are concerned are mostly concerned with it's proximity to their houses. A lot of "I support you, but I don't want it by my house."

Fox 59, just now had a pice on this, and the neighbors, don't mind a "gun range" in B'burg, just NOT in "their backyard" .....

Isn't that code for "I'm afraid of guns, I'm just too chicken**** to say it out loud for fear of being laughed at?"

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I hereby volunteer to take Aishah Hasnie shooting . . . and then to a movie . . . and then dinner where she'll laugh in the candlelight at my little jokes and, um, I mean . . . for the getter good of the gun culture.:D

Black Cloud

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Yes, Aishah does shoot. I'll let her know you're interested in taking her. ;)

293226_248401038535855_1219894664_n.jpg

Top Bottom