• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Parabellum R

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2013
    Well, I've lost the use of that building. The owner decided not to lease it to me so I am looking for 7500+ sq. ft. with ample parking in that area so we can go forward and get this range built. Any body with any leads on a leasable property with enough parking let me know. Thanks for the support.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Well, I've lost the use of that building. The owner decided not to lease it to me so I am looking for 7500+ sq. ft. with ample parking in that area so we can go forward and get this range built. Any body with any leads on a leasable property with enough parking let me know. Thanks for the support.
    There should be a few others in the area. If you want to move to other area(s) further north Indy you'll find a lot more opportunities. Not a lot of options for existing buildings in B-burg. :dunno:

If new construction is an option with your financial means let me know. I've got a few places which may be possibilities in the near Indy arena, but haven't looked specifically in B-burg.

Last edited:

bb37

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    North of US40
    Well, that's unfortunate. I know there are vacancies in other buildings on Southpoint Circle. Any of them suitable? I think the old Kenny Bernstein Racing building is completely vacant, but that may be a bit over the top for what you plan to do.

There's a building under construction in the mostly open area on the south side of 56th Street just east of the I-74 overpass. It's in the same area where the building that Keers Electric built is located. My guess is you'd get some resistance from the dance academy, though.

Keers is also trying to get something built on the north side of Pittsboro across from the truck stop at the I-74 exit. I can't see anything coming out of the ground yet, though.

The old Ford dealership building on US 136 east of Brownsburg appears to be for lease again.

Is there anything along US 136 just west of Clermont?

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    See if there is something out a bit in the county. Build it or lease it, and they will come. I wouldn't put a business in any town limits, if it was the last thing I did. Too many maroons driving around in their cars, trying to find zoning infractions, so they can fine you. This is applicable to all towns. :)

If I remember, there is a strip mall for businesses, between Pittsboro and Lizton, on the North Side of 136. Maybe there is something available in there?

Last edited:

O'Shark

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Ladoga, IN
    See if there is something out a bit in the county. Build it or lease it, and they will come. I wouldn't put a business in any town limits, if it was the last thing I did. Too many maroons driving around in their cars, trying to find zoning infractions, so they can fine you. This is applicable to all towns. :)

If I remember, there is a strip mall for businesses, between Pittsboro and Lizton, on the North Side of 136. Maybe there is something available in there?

Isn't there a former Carter Lumber building out that way too? Don't count out Montgomery County either.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Quick property search:
    10995 E Us 136 , Indianapolis
    2997 Sq ft building on about an acre. Hop, skip, and a jump from C&C Midwest Firearms.

1500 E Us Highway 136 , Brownsburg (the old Ford dealership)
    24600 Sq. Ft. on 2.8 acres. NOT ANNEXED BY BROWNSBURG YET. Don't need their approval, maybe?

710 E Main St, Brownsburg (the old Chevy dealership right in town). Nice and close to Premier Arms.
    21665 Sq. ft. on 4 acres.

What about the old Thrifty Supply in Brownsburg?

Tons of other buildings for lease along Northfield, in the same area you were looking before.

Wolverine6G

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 2, 2012
    any updates on this? Did it get shot down or can I look forward to shooting and driving less than 10 minutes

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Saw something on the news last night about the plug getting pulled. The NIMBY neighbors (who where not even all the close to the proposed building) whined too much.

Hopefully the one in Carmel would go smoother. This company's other locations seem nice. I'd be up there about once a month.:D

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Well, that sucks. But, that's how government should work. The people should decide what they want for their town.

Unfortunately, it is (was) the vocal minority. The fast majority of folks didn't care one way or another. Three households squeaked, and that was that.

In this one instance, it was too bad I didn't actually live in town. The board really wasn't interested in my opinion. They had better HOPE I don't get annexed! Then they'll have to deal with me!

Oh, well. We still have several nearby outdoor ranges that are pretty darn nice.

Jomibe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2013
    Hendricks County
    A lot of soccer moms in the B-burg this past decade and change. In the 90's no one would've cared, but I guess they wouldn't have wanted to open a range in the 90's era Brownsburg either.. :cool:

Top Bottom