• ...and so much more!
  • Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    I love my Buckmark but it is pretty picky on the ammo. I can shoot standard velocity cci all day long with not a single problem. When I switch to the cheaper stuff of any kind it starts to stove pipe before I get one magazine through it.
    Its a great shooter though and I love it for sure.

I'm surprised to hear this. I have three Buckmarks and they eat everything. My Ruger MKIII Target had stovepipe issues until I put a Volquartsen extractor in it, now it eats everything, too.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Mine eats all the bulk pack federal I can feed it. I keep it relatively clean and run it a bit on the wet side.

Only time I've had issues is when I let it go over 1k rounds without cleaning.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Mine eats all the bulk pack federal I can feed it. I keep it relatively clean and run it a bit on the wet side.

The first 50 rounds I put through mine was this stuff... no idea how old it is (the pic is from when I had a round rupture in my Mossberg rifle), but it's just plain old LRN ammo. Had one round fail to fire, but I attribute that to the ammo, since I tried it a second time and it still didn't fire. The rest was all Federal bulk and it never had a hiccup.

I guess there's a lesson to be learned here... Keep your Peters out of your guns! (The jury is still out on coon-fingering!) ;)

IMG_1149.jpg

Last edited:

ridetoslide

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    Not trying to hi jack this thread, but I just bought a used buck mark from a buddy, a 1986 slab side. After a good cleaning and oiling gave it to my daughter for her birthday. Went out and shot it a little last night and the clip keeps wanting to drop down and out. The hand was no where near the release either. I'm thinking it's the clip. I need to order a couple more as it only came with one. Also, for the rest of you that own them, I too took mine all apart during the cleaning phase and found out about the tiny c clip and the black little plastic piece at the end of the guide rod. Browning sells all of these parts and they were like $1.25 each. They also sent me a parts book covering most of their products, that was nice!

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I keep it relatively clean and run it a bit on the wet side.

I don't know how mine would act if I cleaned it and put lube on it. After this weekend, I'm probably up to 4500 without cleaning and besides the occasional failure to extract and barely get caught when the slide closes (squib loads), it runs like a champ. I've still yet to have a FTF.

Not trying to hi jack this thread, but I just bought a used buck mark from a buddy, a 1986 slab side. After a good cleaning and oiling gave it to my daughter for her birthday. Went out and shot it a little last night and the clip keeps wanting to drop down and out. The hand was no where near the release either. I'm thinking it's the clip. I need to order a couple more as it only came with one. Also, for the rest of you that own them, I too took mine all apart during the cleaning phase and found out about the tiny c clip and the black little plastic piece at the end of the guide rod. Browning sells all of these parts and they were like $1.25 each. They also sent me a parts book covering most of their products, that was nice!

I'll admit, the old mags blow. The floor plates are supposed to sit even with the bottom of the magwell, which is fine for looks, but a PITA for quick loading and it takes some force to engage. If you put some of the old mags in newer Buckmarks sometimes the slides won't lock back either. I don't know when, but they redesigned the buttplate and I believe made the mag a bit longer which is much more user friendly. I think this redisign had something to do with the magazine safety, but I don't know the technicalls.

wildcatfan.62

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 9, 2011
    South Bend
    Love the Buckmark. My oldest son (age 14) has shot ours in IDPA at a local club. Ours does OK with bulk pack ammo, but when he shoots in competition we load CCI min-mags.

It's a great little gun. I sometimes carry it when fishing remote ponds.

I had a Ruger, but sold it for the Buckmark, it just seemed to fit better. Nothing wrong with a .22.

glockophile

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    Awesome gun. I put thousands of rounds through the gun used before I had any trouble. I'm confident with my gunsmith's solution. Try several kinds of ammo. Different guns can be picky. Mine will shoot golden bullet fine but not some federal... Weird... CCI tactical are excellent through it (and not as expensive as the mini-mags).

Top Bottom