• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    Shipped it off to Remington and the received it on 12/15/17.

Checked the status at the time of the post and all is says is "Approval Hold"

Other then that I have no idea whats going on with it:dunno:

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I wish I could get paid to wrestle and break stuff. "From quote"

I did it for 20 years. Believe me, it gets old real fast.

Glad you are okay OP. Keep us updated.

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    Glad to see everyone went home unharmed. You should be good to go in regards to NFA. It's not the barrel that got shortened :)
    Because he broke it, you would be correct, however people have been charged with SBR/SBS violations for removing or shortening a stock. The NFA defines rifles as a barrel over 16" in length overall length of 26" and a shotgun as 18" barrel and over 26" in length.

an SBR/SBS is anything that violates one of the length requirements. It's why you see bullpups with 18" barrels to account for overall length.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Because he broke it, you would be correct, however people have been charged with SBR/SBS violations for removing or shortening a stock. The NFA defines rifles as a barrel over 16" in length overall length of 26" and a shotgun as 18" barrel and over 26" in length.

an SBR/SBS is anything that violates one of the length requirements. It's why you see bullpups with 18" barrels to account for overall length.

An 18” barreled 870 with the stock completely removed is still over 26”.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Sounds like a customer service representative has flagged your case somehow, probably to refer to a supervisor or someone higher up. I take this as a good sign.

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    We'll I got a call from Remington customer service this morning around 10am. They stated that my shotgun was broke beyond repair and that there was nothing they could do about that. In my mind I thought well ****... Now they're going to send me back two pieces and say sorry about your luck. But to my surprise the guy said that they got the letter about the incident and due to the circumstances of how it broke they were going to send me a brand new 870 Tac Express with synthetic stock.

I was pleasantly surprised by this and greatful that Remington backs LEO's like this. The rep said the gun should ship by next week to my local FFL.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    We'll I got a call from Remington customer service this morning around 10am. They stated that my shotgun was broke beyond repair and that there was nothing they could do about that. In my mind I thought well ****... Now they're going to send me back two pieces and say sorry about your luck. But to my surprise the guy said that they got the letter about the incident and due to the circumstances of how it broke they were going to send me a brand new 870 Tac Express with synthetic stock.

I was pleasantly surprised by this and greatful that Remington backs LEO's like this. The rep said the gun should ship by next week to my local FFL.

Well that is awesome!!!! I think the Tac express comes with a 1 piece 6 round magazine. Look into an upgraded follower and heavier magazine spring, something like a Wilson spring and follower depending on the budget. You should consider swapping the extractor to a Volquartsen non-MIM extractor as well. Might as well replace the carrier spring with an extra power one. All of this will run about $35 and should result in a reliable gun.

I would also replace the synthetic stock with a speedfeed or hogue youth stock if you can find them. MagPul stuff is nice if you lean that way. But new stocks cost a little more.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan

Very cool.

Top Bottom