• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mensajess

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 12, 2010
    Greenwood
    i'm wondering about the legality of carrying at the farmers market at broad ripple high school. i know that school grounds are no carry during the school year, but this is summer break, on saturday mornings, and not a school function. i would like to know if i could carry or should i leave it in the car. or should i park off school grounds and leave it in the car?

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Park in the lot across the street and leave it in the car. Sometimes it's better to be safe, in this case no hassle from Da Man, than sorry. JMHO.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Doesn't matter if school is in session or not. School property is always a VDZ. Park offsite and lock it in the car, or don't go.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Leave it in your car for sure. Also, INGO members going to the Bripple Farmers Market are more than welcome to stop by my house for a beer. I'm just up around the corner:cheers:

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    School properties, along with other prohibited areas such as coffee shops in Broad Ripple, or places being used by schools or school buses are no carry zones.

Indiana Code 35-47-9-2.

Indiana Code 35-47-9

Funnay! After all of the crime in the Ripple lately, it is a must-carry zone. Schools excluded, of course.

If you hit the Farmer's Market, watch for Green Piece Indy (No, this is not GreenPeace), and say hello to my sister.

bglaze

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Muncie, IN
    School properties, along with other prohibited areas such as coffee shops in Broad Ripple, or places being used by schools or school buses are no carry zones.

Indiana Code 35-47-9-2.

Indiana Code 35-47-9

Am I missing something? How is it prohibited by law to carry into a coffee shop? Is the coffee shop ON school property? I've never been to Broad Ripple, so I am ignorant of what could make this an exception here.

Thanks!

moischmoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Noble County, IN
    Am I missing something? How is it prohibited by law to carry into a coffee shop? Is the coffee shop ON school property? I've never been to Broad Ripple, so I am ignorant of what could make this an exception here.

Thanks!

Not prohibited by law, but by the company that owns the coffee shops. Right or wrong, businesses have the right to allow, or dis-allow guns.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008

Thanks!

Several years ago, Kirk was harassed by the police while exiting a coffee shop in Broad Ripple. Coffee shops are NOT off-limits.

bglaze

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Muncie, IN
    Not prohibited by law, but by the company that owns the coffee shops. Right or wrong, businesses have the right to allow, or dis-allow guns.

Actually they can ask you to leave for whatever reason they want, guns have nothing to do with it. If they have a policy against guns, that doesn't hold the weight of law. It just means if they see that you have a gun on you, they might ask you to leave. If they ask you to leave and you don't, you could be charged with trespassing.

That's all.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    If you go into a store and they see your gun, and tell you to leave, refuse to leave and see what happens.

Does everything always have to be in purple?

I'm simply using the argument others have used to justify violating property rights so they can do what they want. I categorically disagree with said justification though.

moischmoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Noble County, IN
    Does everything always have to be in purple?

Sorry, I need to adjust my meter.
    633748533114571260-Sarcasm.jpg

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    i'm wondering about the legality of carrying at the farmers market at broad ripple high school. i know that school grounds are no carry during the school year, but this is summer break, on saturday mornings, and not a school function. i would like to know if i could carry or should i leave it in the car. or should i park off school grounds and leave it in the car?

Stuff like this is one reason I oppose schools being more than classrooms. They build practically Roman colosseums, and to justify it they have to have every local area social and sporting event in the schools, so guess what? No one can attend anything with their guns.

I still think the law should at the very MOST say CLASSrooms, while school is in session and kids are in attendance. And have the classrooms clearly marked, and separated from non-classrooms.

Top Bottom