• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    I'm just wondering how you can prove you aren't an ATF agent. Difficult to prove a negative, isn't it?

Start by proving who you ARE. Anyone that's ever met me would see very quickly that I _am_ a programmer - and I _don't_ work for the BATFE or similar. I've gotten to know lots of folks around here. Broke bread with them, bartered with them at swap meets such as those that traderdan sponsored... it's not THAT hard.

Sad part is, ID1776 has a point. It sucks that we have to watch out for this...

lionhunt64

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2012
    At Close Range
    This is the cornerstone of a police state. No one can trust anyone. Fear of everyone is the result. The absence of any community unity is the result. The inability to organize any effective resistance, political or otherwise is the result (don't forget Obama's initiative to snitch out people who circulated unflattering e-mails about him).

Spot on IndyDave1776, This was very effective in Nazi Germany, with Gestapo, Kept everyone tight lipped in fear of becoming a target, when in fact there was not that many agents.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Spot on IndyDave1776, This was very effective in Nazi Germany, with Gestapo, Kept everyone tight lipped in fear of becoming a target, when in fact there was not that many agents.

The sad thing is that they didn't need that many agents. Just look at INGO. Consider what Jefferson wrote in the Declaration of Independence. Then consider the drums that so many of our members bang, with extreme emphasis on their own righteousness derived from blindly following the laws crafted in defiance of the supreme law of the United States by people who don't follow the law themselves. Hell, just look at the sh*tstorm we had on INGO during the last round of mass bans and how many people screamed up lungs over their allegiance to some arbitrary standards which were neither defined nor consistently enforced, but they absolutely piled on anyone who got banned or objected to the things that were happening. It is a different matter of principle so far as a private website and a supposedly constitutional government are two entirely different things, but both speak volumes about the people who will trip all over themselves to prove their own 'holiness' by blindly and absolutely following a real or perceived authority and not tolerating dissent.

All said and done, when those who one would expect to be serious supporters of liberty and constitutional government behave as they do, having no problem with massive government abuses, but call for heads on pikes when those on the receiving end run out of options and take a stand, I can easily understand why during our war for independence, only 3% of the population was directly involved at any given time. Things haven't changed a bit. Also interesting is that if more than 3% of the population really gave a damn about the rule of law, there would be no need in the first place for such things as occupying Ranger Rick's office and becoming a national spectacle. More to the point, it amazes me how so many people have no problem with the government breaking the law, yet scream for blood when anyone else so much as breaks arbitrary laws that would either be nonexistent or irrelevant if the government actually bothered to follow the Constitution.

Without these people, tyranny would simply not be a feasible option.

Dentoro

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Fairland
    Let the Crowns stamp be on everything we own and our forefathers be damed to fighting for nothing! Can this be repealed by another president?

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Not that hard. Watch for the same gun being bought and sold by the same person here or on another website within a certain to be defined time frame

HKUSP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Danville, IN
    Well, I'm certainly glad now that I'm old and fat. No one is going to suspect me of being a stinkin' agent of darkness. Besides, I just hit my magical 50 posts yesterday and I haven't scampered to the classifieds. I'm legit!

Chris

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Well, I'm certainly glad now that I'm old and fat. No one is going to suspect me of being a stinkin' agent of darkness. Besides, I just hit my magical 50 posts yesterday and I haven't scampered to the classifieds. I'm legit!

Chris
    That's sounds just like what an ATF plant would say. :shady:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I heard one clip on the news where he said "unalienable right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" which I find interesting since liberals/progressives have claimed for years that this statement from the Declaration is not a statement of unalienable rights because it was not codified in the Constitution.

But then liberals/progressives are nothing if not consistent.

reno

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Indiana
    What is the percentage of shooting are accidental vs. intentional as part of a crime? How is gun safety training going to stop criminals from shooting each other and bystanders?
    It will not, just like anything else Gun related will not stop a criminal from being a criminal. But what it will do is familiarize firearms to another generation that will then know they are not necessarily evil.

Top Bottom