• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Firingpinhead

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2014
    Farmland
    I'm gonna be refinishing a MAK-90 soon and the thing has edges on the metal that will cut a person...did me. Whats the best way to break the edges? I been thinking of using a small file or stones....anyone done this?

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I'm gonna be refinishing a MAK-90 soon and the thing has edges on the metal that will cut a person...did me. Whats the best way to break the edges? I been thinking of using a small file or stones....anyone done this?
    Small file or stones are the way to go. I have done it. Black spray paint afterward too.

Firingpinhead

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2014
    Farmland
    Thanks,Im planning on using a coating...I don't really care for bluing,and anyway the bluing is terrible to start with and it appears some parts were modified with a hand grinder to comply with the first assault weapons ban. I'm gonna use a flat finish which should even out some imperfections. I would also like to thread the barrel but it looks like they ground off the original threads,I have used a pin on brake on an SA 93 long ago but it didn't look right.

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    +1 for stones, I had the same problem with the inside of a 1911 frame and it helped a bunch. Also softened the grip corners on a PPK.

You could always use a "Gunsmith's Quick Blue Pen" afterwards:

sharpie-fine-pt.gif

:):

Top Bottom